Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:54 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,268 times

Advertisements

I am considering giving another go with online dating. I've ALWAYS been honest and select, "I do not want children." I'm wondering if men interpret that as, "she just wants to hook up." Even though I've stated "I'm looking for a relationship." I do not post provocative boob pictures and am looking to weed out the pump n dump types. Would selecting "undecided" make any difference or do you consider that lying?

Thanks for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM

175 posts, read 275,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I am considering giving another go with online dating. I've ALWAYS been honest and select, "I do not want children." I'm wondering if men interpret that as, "she just wants to hook up." Even though I've stated "I'm looking for a relationship." I do not post provocative boob pictures and am looking to weed out the pump n dump types. Would selecting "undecided" make any difference or do you consider that lying?

Stick to your guns. I wouldn't interpret no children as just wanting a hookup. if your profile is written in the correct manner it will be obvious your looking for a relationship and not a hookup.

But no point in changing any of these values to make them false or white lies - the truth will come out eventually and your only lying to yourself. Just be honest.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 PM

39,213 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:

I think you should choose the option "don't want any children" if there is such an option. Undecided will give people false hope.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you should choose the option "don't want any children" if there is such an option. Undecided will give people false hope.
I concur. Be forthcoming in what you're looking for.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:24 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times
Even though I don't use online dating, as a guy I would probably just look at your pictures to see if you are attractive enough and basically ignore any criteria you may have indicated in your profile.

To add something useful, maybe it will be more productive to spend more time on makeup, finding that perfect outfit and taking the perfect picture, thus netting a greater number of guys, one of whom will hopefully fulfill your needs.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,513 times
Quote:

Don't put "undecided". You're going to get a share of men looking for casual sex, no matter what.

I think you should put a sentence in your profile about not wanting children as well, just so the men that do want children will skip over you.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:33 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,034 times
Dudes who want serious relationships may be looking to drop anchor and look at long term prospects of marriage, children and such.

Your best pool of resources will be flakers, quick-lays and older men with teen kids and hence, snipped. Like Michael Douglas from you, me and Dupree.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:16 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,096,237 times
i dont think the do you want children question sends a message one way or the other as to are you loose or not for lack of a better word. i think your overall look of your profile, pics you post, etc send that message but not the question about not wanting childen. there's plenty of whorish profiles with women who say they do want children.

if you kow you dont want kids dont say maybe because to someoen like me who does want kids your wasting my time and yours. that is a dealbreaker for me and probably for most people so why get involved with someone whos not going to want a ltr with someoen who doesn't want kids

Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,268 times
Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! I do intend to be honest and select that I don't want children, I was just curious if another approach might work better this time.

Quote:
Even though I don't use online dating, as a guy I would probably just look at your pictures to see if you are attractive enough and basically ignore any criteria you may have indicated in your profile.
Yep! This is what I thought too! Appreciate your response.

Quote:
if you kow you dont want kids dont say maybe because to someoen like me who does want kids your wasting my time and yours. that is a dealbreaker for me and probably for most people so why get involved with someone whos not going to want a ltr with someoen who doesn't want kids
Like this advice! Thank you.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
The guys who just want a hookup message every woman local to them. They don't read the profiles.

No matter what you do, 99% of the messages you receive will be from hookup guys, most of them in their 20s.

But, what you write might affect the other 1% .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships