U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 02:24 PM

6 posts, read 9,606 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody I was looking for a case like mine online and I came across this subforum. So I decided to get some insight on this problem that I have. I hope that you can help me.

I'm 20 years old and I never had a girlfriend. I tried to get to know some girls but, between a friendzone, loss of interest in the person and some online "attempts", I never came across having a serious relationship. I'm not the social guy but I'm not anti-social, I think I'm just a guy that doesn't has luck in relationships and in talking to girls (I think I blush alot ). Also, I'm ok with my own body.

Thing is, it happens that I noticed a girl this semester that I really got attracted to, physically. Really beautiful girl, very social and always with friends. But I don't know her neither her close friends, mostly because of the difference of age in the social groups (she is 2 years younger that me). The only contact that I have is her social network profile, in which I have added her and she accepted. The issue stands in "how will I get to know her better?".

I came across with some ideas but, because of past tries and failures in other attempts with other women, I don't know which is one is better. I was hoping to not screwing my chances by doing something wrong.

My Question: What would you do in this situation?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 02:31 PM

247 posts, read 409,321 times
I'm no expert, but center on things you may have in common. And being "friends" with her on a social network allows you the opportunity to see what interests she has and what she likes and dislikes.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM

12,271 posts, read 13,489,815 times
If you see her strike up a conversation.

"Hi Susan. Happy Friday."

"Hey Susan... How's your day?"

"There she is! How are you? I was headed to the cafeteria for a drink. Wanna join me?"

"Susan? Hey.... I just want to tell you that I have never had a girlfriend and I want you to be my first." (Dropping to one knee) "Will you go out with me?"

Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM

22,464 posts, read 24,022,924 times
First, you should prepare yourself for the possibility that she will have no interest in you romantically, which will have nothing to do with you doing anything wrong. All you know about this woman is that you think she's hot, but you really don't know a thing about her. Try not to hang all of your sense self worth on this one woman.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 PM

709 posts, read 954,612 times
Listen close: Women are just as sexual as men.. and in most cases.. you need to make sexual intentions clear. You must also be bold and confident.

Women generally want men who are BETTER than themselves. Stronger, taller, richer, etc.

So whats my point? Its simple: If you approach a situation from the perspective that the woman is better than you.. then she will feel this and not be attracted to you. This is most likely why you get friend zoned so much.

You should never approach a woman as if you have something to prove to her. If she has nothing to prove to you.. then why must you prove something to her?

Also.. don't focus only on one woman. Its best to date several until one stands out.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:36 PM

@VanillaEps

Sure, that is a plus and thanks for the reply.

But I'm more concerned in how will I approach her. I don't know her, I don't have a motive to say "Hi" or "Good morning" when I pass by her so I don't really know how to get to know her in person.

@funymann

Isn't that awkward? :s

@fleetiebelle

Yeah, I know that. If she doesn't want to well, that's life.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Listen close: Women are just as sexual as men.. and in most cases.. you need to make sexual intentions clear. You must also be bold and confident.

Women generally want men who are BETTER than themselves. Stronger, taller, richer, etc.

So whats my point? Its simple: If you approach a situation from the perspective that the woman is better than you.. then she will feel this and not be attracted to you. This is most likely why you get friend zoned so much.

You should never approach a woman as if you have something to prove to her. If she has nothing to prove to you.. then why must you prove something to her?

Also.. don't focus only on one woman. Its best to date several until one stands out.
Like when you go to a restaurant and say, "Can I have....?"

You came here, you are the payee. You tell them what you are there to buy.

"I want... And this....with a side of this." CONFIDENCE!!

The "can I have" guys get nothing from the menu.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:44 PM

709 posts, read 954,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Like when you go to a restaurant and say, "Can I have....?"

You came here, you are the payee. You tell them what you are there to buy.

"I want... And this....with a side of this." CONFIDENCE!!

The "can I have" guys get nothing from the menu.
Exactly. Too many men approach women almost as if they are apologizing for being men and wanting sex.

Your attitude should be: I find you attractive, I want to sleep with you and I don't apologize for it. Take it or leave it.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post

Thanks, that is a good advice.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel13 View Post
@VanillaEps

Sure, that is a plus and thanks for the reply.

But I'm more concerned in how will I approach her. I don't know her, I don't have a motive to say "Hi" or "Good morning" when I pass by her so I don't really know how to get to know her in person.

@funymann

Isn't that awkward? :s

@fleetiebelle

Yeah, I know that. If she doesn't want to well, that's life.
No. I'd be Funy as heck! However, the last part I would omit in your case.

However, if you think you could pull it off you'd have her cracking up.

If you are on one knee and sense her pulling away cry out, "pleeeeaaaaaaaase!!"

Then when she says, "alright! Get up! People are watching." You hop up and say, "Cool." Put your arm around her and say, "lets go get a soda. I'm thirsty all that begging and stuff."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or