Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 09:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Stir fry wouldn't have worked either.
That point is debatable from some of the neighborhoods I have seen built over the last 20+ years. These contractors build a 74' wide house on a 75' wide lot.
Ahhh, yes...what do they call those housing developments...ones that are packed close together and all look the same? Wow, the word is escaping me at the moment.

We have lots of space. Just enough not to be strangers but plenty so they aren't in my business.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The apartment I used to live in was rather large and sound proofed well...that is until 'it' moved in down the hallway. He was all the way down the hall and my bedroom faced the front of the building and he faced the back and I was literally blown out of bed at 3 a.m. by AC/DC. I'm a music lover but this was ridiculous. He kept doing it and I finally said something to him in the parking lot - I was nice enough about it and he was an arrogant little prick. He says, "Well when I was in college that's how we blew off steam." I said, "Well, this isn't the dorm at Kent State University anymore." If he would have just been a bit more respectful and maybe turned the speakers facing into his apartment instead of out, as I had suggested, it would have made a huge difference. I drew the line when I was home sick one day and his jacknut roommate started blasting Elton John and Kiki Dee. He eventually got evicted. I don't have to deal with any of that crap where I live.
That's where the HOAs can come in handy. Smack a fine on the resident and or the property owner and suddenly stuff gets dealt with. Like I said it is what you make of it is what you get out of it.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:31 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
That's where the HOAs can come in handy. Smack a fine on the resident and or the property owner and suddenly stuff gets dealt with. Like I said it is what you make of it is what you get out of it.
Yeah, the complex management told me they couldn't do anything to him without a police report and I had to repeatedly call the sheriff's department on him and waste their time until they had enough reports to evict him.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the complex management told me they couldn't do anything to him without a police report and I had to repeatedly call the sheriff's department on him and waste their time until they had enough reports to evict him.
Sometimes legalities suck.
I wonder if the blockhead pulled that "this is what we did....." crap at the next place.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Sometimes legalities suck.
I wonder if the blockhead pulled that "this is what we did....." crap at the next place.
Yeah, on the last call I had to make to the sheriff in order for him to be evicted I think he knew that he only had that one last chance and he was having a party and you could hear them all applauding and high fiving when the sheriff showed up.

Something tells me he wasn't living in as nice of a place after that with an eviction under his belt.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 AM

People do some strange stuff when they are locked up in the cold.

WATCH: Boiling Water in Freezing Air Creates Cloud

With the polar vortex sending temperatures plunging to record lows across many major cities in the United States, there has been a viral resurgence of a popular wintertime experiment.

Temperatures in the South plummeted Monday night, reaching a frigid 6 degrees F in Atlanta, breaking the old record low of 10 for the city. RealFeel® temperatures in the Northern Plains were as low as -70 degrees.

As a result, many have been taking to their balconies to throw boiling water into the freezing air to create a frozen vapor cloud, as seen in this video that went viral last winter.

WATCH: Boiling Water in Freezing Air Creates Cloud - AccuWeather.com

Old 01-07-2014, 11:03 AM

This cold snap has exposed draft issues along the outer wall of our unit compounded when the heat kicks on an pulls the air through the gaps. It feels like a window is slighty open.
The entire outer wall is lined with beach towels and I have tape over the unused outlets.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
This cold snap has exposed draft issues along the outer wall of our unit compounded when the heat kicks on an pulls the air through the gaps. It feels like a window is slighty open.
The entire outer wall is lined with beach towels and I have tape over the unused outlets.
Sounds like it looks like an HGTV episode gone awry.

It's officially a level three here and you can't be on the roads. It's like a ghost town.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Sounds like it looks like an HGTV episode gone awry.

It's officially a level three here and you can't be on the roads. It's like a ghost town.
It will make a HGTV episode since I will need to remove the base moulding to shoot expanding foam into the gaps.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 PM

769 posts, read 976,771 times
Stop the press what crockpot stirs? I just got the Ninja 3-in-1 cooking system and thought that was awesome. Still refining the cooking of veggies in it..but at least the food isn't wasted (dog).

There will be a whole bunch of babies born in about 9 months from now with the people that were snow bound/cold bound etc.

I have been going through thousands of rows in excel trying to find issues. I think my eyes are killing me. It is ironic they are called retina scans..since your retina's may get burned reading them.

I still haven't gone out with the guy that asked me out last week. I am not sure if he is really my type or not while getting to know him via text. We are kind of classes apart. I know that sounds stuck up but when I am working he is fishing. I am sure during the summer he is much busier but I am not wanting to support someone during winter. I was married to that before...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships