Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 06:10 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
The child is very bright, but he does not care for reading and writing. His schedule is heavy because he's in all honors classes and plays travel hockey. I think he's just burnt. When I ask him why he didn't do the work I either get "I forgot" or "I don't know".
Apparently bright enough to out smart you even if it was temporary.
Remember your dog eating the cake?
Well, the wife brings the groceries in yesterday then takes two of the three dogs out. Upon returning the third dog wants to go out so she takes him out.
Now, you have probably figured something happened, but understand our dogs are too old and fat to climb onto anything like yours.
However, when we moved into the condo we quickly discovered carrying groceries and such to our unit sucked; regardless of the fact we have an elevator. We bought one of those wire carts you might see someone use to carry groceries when walking to and from the grocery store.
The wife had made a trip to Costco and brought the day's haul up with the cart. Part of said haul was two packs of muffins amongst other items and had yet to put the groceries away when she started taking the dogs out. Upon taking the third dog out one of the others decides to help herself to some muffins. She managed extract a muffin and eat it while only eating part of the baking cup. She was on her way to working on the second one when the wife returned from outside. When the dog realized she was busted she slinked off to her pillow.
My wife didn't think the dogs could get at the food, she was wrong.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Well, the wife brings the groceries in yesterday then takes two of the three dogs out. Upon returning the third dog wants to go out so she takes him out.
Now, you have probably figured something happened, but understand our dogs are too old and fat to climb onto anything like yours.
However, when we moved into the condo we quickly discovered carrying groceries and such to our unit sucked; regardless of the fact we have an elevator. We bought one of those wire carts you might see someone use to carry groceries when walking to and from the grocery store.
The wife had made a trip to Costco and brought the day's haul up with the cart. Part of said haul was two packs of muffins amongst other items and had yet to put the groceries away when she started taking the dogs out. Upon taking the third dog out one of the others decides to help herself to some muffins. She managed extract a muffin and eat it while only eating part of the baking cup. She was on her way to working on the second one when the wife returned from outside. When the dog realized she was busted she slinked off to her pillow.
Payback is a ***** huh? I'm glad your dog got your muffins. I'll have to send her some doggie treats for a job well done

Where do you all shop? HT had mangos 10 for $10. I got some nice, ripe ones!

Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
HA HA HA, I was just discussing this with someone. I had a dog who was a real affection wh*re and when I would give the two dogs a bone, the other one would walk up to me for a little affection, and the other one would come screaming over and the other dog would run and snatch her bone up. It was quite funny.

The one I have now likes to stand in front of me, while I'm eating, barking her head off like she has to go out. I go and open the door and while I'm there and the other dog goes out, she's snagging my food.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Payback is a ***** huh? I'm glad your dog got your muffins. I'll have to send her some doggie treats for a job well done

Where do you all shop? HT had mangos 10 for $10. I got some nice, ripe ones!
You do that and I'll teach your son to cut class and not get caught.
Several places, but HT is one of them. I love mangoes, but rarely buy them as they are picked way too early and don't taste right.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
HA HA HA, I was just discussing this with someone. I had a dog who was a real affection wh*re and when I would give the two dogs a bone, the other one would walk up to me for a little affection, and the other one would come screaming over and the other dog would run and snatch her bone up. It was quite funny.

The one I have now likes to stand in front of me, while I'm eating, barking her head off like she has to go out. I go and open the door and while I'm there and the other dog goes out, she's snagging my food.
That happens with the pillows. One of the mutts can't stand when one of the others leaves the room so she has to follow. The male will use this tactic to get her off a pillow that he wants. Comical to watch.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You do that and I'll teach your son to cut class and not get caught.
Several places, but HT is one of them. I love mangoes, but rarely buy them as they are picked way too early and don't taste right.
He'd get caught. I know all the tricks.
And anyway, I drive him to school. I see him during his 3rd period class and they post attendance everyday so I'd know if he cut. You'd just wind up getting him in trouble!

And I just told you HT has ripe ones.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
He'd get caught. I know all the tricks.
And anyway, I drive him to school. I see him during his 3rd period class and they post attendance everyday so I'd know if he cut. You'd just wind up getting him in trouble!

And I just told you HT has ripe ones.
Wait, he wasn't turning in his work and you didn't know about that.
Yeah, I got that, but that doesn't guarantee any HT around here will have them.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:11 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
That happens with the pillows. One of the mutts can't stand when one of the others leaves the room so she has to follow. The male will use this tactic to get her off a pillow that he wants. Comical to watch.

must see.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/...33288301_n.jpg

Old 01-13-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Wait, he wasn't turning in his work and you didn't know about that.
Yeah, I got that, but that doesn't guarantee any HT around here will have them.
Dude, follow the conversation. His teacher didn't update the online gradebook.
Attendance is posted daily though.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I guess Debbie Downer is back... lordy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships