Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 03:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I've heard them use it on Jersey Shore.

And yes, I admit, I've watched the marathon reruns at 2am when I can't sleep. That show is like a train wreck...I just can't turn away!

So I think I met one of these "nice guys" today...you know, one of those guys that fakes being nice, but really isn't deep down inside.

I was at the grocery store, attempting to load the bags into my car. I had a few things in the back of the car that I had to shift around, so I'm half inside the back of the car (SUV, not a trunk) and this dude walks up and says "want help with that?" and scares the bejeezus out of me. I hop out of the car to find him holding 2 of my grocery bags.

Well I didn't need help, so I told him "ohh, that's sweet but no thank you, I've got it" and I go to take the bags from his hands. So now he's insisting and he puts them in the back of the car. So I said "no, really...I'm good...you have a good weekend" with a smile. He's too close, in my personal space so I step back and kind of look at him, waiting for him to leave. He snaps "f*ck*ng princess" loud enough for others to hear, and then spits at my feet....no chiz, there was a spit bubble ON MY TOE. At this point the lady across the aisle in the parking lot says "do you need help?" and the cart boy (older man) starts walking over...so he leaves. I couldn't even react...I just stood there

Weird!
That's not a "nice guy" you were talking to. That's a guy who was trying to hit on you through helping you with your groceries. When you insisted on not accepting his help he got pissed and through a ***** fit. That's a guy who has no tact and doesn't take rejection in even the most polite ways, which you were being polite.

I've always considered myself as a nice guy-you and other people may consider me a person with a good heart and therefore a good person, whichever you prefer. When I offer to help others it's not because I'm looking to get anything out of it except hopefully a thank you, because that's how I was raised, to help others if I think I am able-bodied to do so, and I help everyone and anyone. Kids, mothers, fathers, single people, older people, black, white, polka dot, blue, Haitian-I don't care who you are, if I think you may need a hand with something, and I can help, I will offer the help with a smile.

I do have conversations with people I've helped though. Not too long ago I helped a woman load a 30lb bag of dog food into her car and then had a conversation about her dogs. She waved me down in the parking lot to get me to notice her too.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's not a "nice guy" you were talking to. That's a guy who was trying to hit on you through helping you with your groceries. When you insisted on not accepting his help he got pissed and through a ***** fit. That's a guy who has no tact and doesn't take rejection in even the most polite ways, which you were being polite.

I've always considered myself as a nice guy-you and other people may consider me a person with a good heart and therefore a good person, whichever you prefer. When I offer to help others it's not because I'm looking to get anything out of it except hopefully a thank you, because that's how I was raised, to help others if I think I am able-bodied to do so, and I help everyone and anyone. Kids, mothers, fathers, single people, older people, black, white, polka dot, blue, Haitian-I don't care who you are, if I think you may need a hand with something, and I can help, I will offer the help with a smile.

I do have conversations with people I've helped though. Not too long ago I helped a woman load a 30lb bag of dog food into her car and then had a conversation about her dogs. She waved me down in the parking lot to get me to notice her too.
See, there is "nice guy" and then there is "good man". You are a good man Prince, not a nice guy. A nice guy is not genuine. They describe themselves as nice guys and then put on the act to try and convince others.

I don't think he was hitting on me so much as he wanted to be seen as a helpful person. I was shopping for my family. It was pretty clear that I was not single or childless. I don't know too many single women that buy 3 gallons of milk, 2 bunches of bananas and a variety of sweetened cereal, gogurts, along with juice boxes and other "kiddie" items. However, I rarely accept help. I'd rather scale the grocery shelves for the items up top and struggle to get the treadmill box in my car without help.

I might be a princess, but I like to do things by myself! I'm kind of a pain in the ass like that. LOL

Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times
It can be a scary place out there for a woman alone...I just remember the old Chris Rock monologue when a guy says "May I help you?"...he really means "Can I f@#$ you?"...very cynical perhaps but maybe there is a ring of truth to it...

Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Got all the Easter candy ready for my son. And my mom is cooking ham and made potato salad.Sister is making the devil eggs.And I got clean up duty....sweet.

On a side note I can't wait to be old, this old lady screamed in an isle,"Where's the cresent rolls?" Then she just kept going with her cart no matter if a dude was in her way.

I laughed my butt off.She's my mentor.Everyone is so rude at the grocery store.I swear it's bumper cars.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 PM

589 posts, read 638,982 times
Off to Montreal for game 3 and a 2-0 series lead!

Old 04-18-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Off to Montreal for game 3 and a 2-0 series lead!
Have fun! I'm jealous!!

We are watching hockey on the boob tube...LOL

Old 04-18-2014, 08:47 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
I've heard them use it on Jersey Shore.

And yes, I admit, I've watched the marathon reruns at 2am when I can't sleep. That show is like a train wreck...I just can't turn away!

So I think I met one of these "nice guys" today...you know, one of those guys that fakes being nice, but really isn't deep down inside.

I was at the grocery store, attempting to load the bags into my car. I had a few things in the back of the car that I had to shift around, so I'm half inside the back of the car (SUV, not a trunk) and this dude walks up and says "want help with that?" and scares the bejeezus out of me. I hop out of the car to find him holding 2 of my grocery bags.

Well I didn't need help, so I told him "ohh, that's sweet but no thank you, I've got it" and I go to take the bags from his hands. So now he's insisting and he puts them in the back of the car. So I said "no, really...I'm good...you have a good weekend" with a smile. He's too close, in my personal space so I step back and kind of look at him, waiting for him to leave. He snaps "f*ck*ng princess" loud enough for others to hear, and then spits at my feet....no chiz, there was a spit bubble ON MY TOE. At this point the lady across the aisle in the parking lot says "do you need help?" and the cart boy (older man) starts walking over...so he leaves. I couldn't even react...I just stood there

Weird!
Yeah, that's the last time I offer to help you with your groceries.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Oh heck, I'd have let you unload the whole cart into the car.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Quote:
Oh heck, I'd have let you unload the whole cart into the car.
^ This team makes me so happy.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
I forgot to mention that earlier tonight, one of my nephews, whom I hadn't heard from or seen posting any pics on facebook in a while, called, just to say hello and see how I was doing. Have to say it was the most wonderful most special moment I've had all year. I adore my nephews and nieces and this young man is my heart, especially since, I used to sing him to sleep at night. My heart feels so blissfully full tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships