Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 PM

19,376 posts, read 15,217,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I had a twitter account but I never posted on it. I couldn't figure out what to post that someone would actually give a crap about, and I figured nobody would "follow" me so it sat, collecting cobwebs. I'm not sure I even know the user name or log-in at this point. Our school district uses twitter for reporting bus delays to parents and cancelled school days due to weather (or delays)...but I can read those without having an account so I have no use for it.

The other day I was talking to a friend and she mentioned "instagram". I asked "what's instagram?" and about five 20-something heads swiftly turned in my direction and gave me the eye-roll and a snicker. Guess I need to get with the times...LOL. (I still don't know what the point of the website is).

Lunch was grilled cheese....BUT..not just any grilled cheese. It was "artisan" LOL.
He used fresh sliced rosemary garlic bread and put provolone and cheddar on it. For him, this was gourmet cooking!
I think Instagram is just a photograph version of Twitter. You post images instead of thoughts.

Have you heard of Pinterest? That's another one. You post visual images of things you like. You "pin" images of things that "interest" you. Sort of like an "inspiration board," I guess.

I don't use either of those, either.

The sandwich sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Ha, ha, ha. Laughing at myself, I thought you were writing that to say, that's what you would've posted on instagram, but, then I realized what you were responding to. Duh me, but still, that's exactly the kind of things they post on twitter an instagram.

I don't bother with those sites, I just sit here and type while looking in a mirror, so much easier. Me 24/7 and I have one of those magnifying mirrors. Oh the horror.

OOPS! I was so focused on me, I forgot to see, I liked that description of how hubby made the sandwich, it would have made a great tweet/instram post actually.
LOL...

Old 04-20-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Oh...I've seen this before.

2 charged in $18M maple syrup heist - Montreal - CBC News

It's now Canadian law that at least one cordial, heavily armed Mountie be present at the vats, at all times.
Hahaha! That's too funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Grilled cheese? **** yeah.

He's a keeper.
You're down with that?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:19 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,218 times
Quote:

He's a keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

You're down with that?
No cheese is good enough for her. She is amazing.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
You are always sooooo nice. Remind your kids and hubs how lucky they are. Hope you are well.
Hey stranger. Long time no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Much to my chagrin the wife enjoys tagging me on FB. Sometimes she tags me more than I post about myself.
LOL...awwwww...poor WF.
I just can't go there.

Quote:

He's a keeper.
LOL, it's one of those things he makes well. And when someone makes ME a meal...that's just bonus points!

Quote:
I think Instagram is just a photograph version of Twitter. You post images instead of thoughts.

Have you heard of Pinterest? That's another one. You post visual images of things you like. You "pin" images of things that "interest" you. Sort of like an "inspiration board," I guess.

I don't use either of those, either.

The sandwich sounds great!
LOL...
Pinterest I have used. I have an account and I don't post much but there is a TON of stuff on there for teachers. I was just browsing it looking for ideas for the next math unit

Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
No cheese is good enough for her. Simply amazing.
Uh, help me out, I'm lost here.

Quote:
Pinterest I have used. I have an account and I don't post much but there is a TON of stuff on there for teachers. I was just browsing it looking for ideas for the next math unit
I don't even want to go in there. I'll probably never come out again. Just from being online, I see a lot of things people post there. Looks fun (lots of pretty things to look at), but time is of the most value to me right now. (As I while away time on C-D...)

Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Hey stranger. Long time no see!
Hi you. Hope your family is good. Since we last spoke I have been here and there but ended up right where I started. Typical!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:

You're down with that?
Make me one and I'll let you know for sure.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion Sea. I just meant that minx is an amazing person.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:

I don't even want to go in there. I'll probably never come out again. Just from being online, I see a lot of things people post there. Looks fun (lots of pretty things to look at), but time is of the most value to me right now. (As I while away time on C-D...)
I'm lost too. lol

As for pinterest, they have a lot of good ideas but they are things I realize I will never have time for, like repurposing picture frames into serving trays and making rainbow fruit kabobs.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:

I'm amazing. Is that so hard to believe?

I feel so taken for granted...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships