Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL...you are "high maintenance"!

That would be the perfect opportunity for me to call in "sick" to work and lounge for the day
LOL, I wouldn't normally miind a day or so without a shower, but I happend to do some physical work today and I didn't want to go into the office tommorrow smelling like an old gym shoe.......

I would call in sick, but I don't want to push my luck....

Old 12-10-2013, 09:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I wouldn't normally miind a day or so without a shower, but I happend to do some physical work today and I didn't want to go into the office tommorrow smelling like an old gym shoe.......

I would call in sick, but I don't want to push my luck....

I'm yanking your chain. We didn't have water when our water heater exploded, but I worked at the gym so I just showered there. It was convenient

I need a "mental health" day, but in reality I could never take a day off from work just because. Even when I'm sick I go in. I feel guilty if I don't go in and if I'm not truly "dying" with illness. I've only been that sick twice in my life.

I guess I'll just wait for a holiday

Old 12-10-2013, 09:21 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Baby mamma is annoying, but more annoying for me is the term "hook up" and the whole hook up culture mindset....

No the place wasn't flooded, We have no water, the main water to 2 bldgs broke and they turned off the water, won't be back on til 1200 tommorrow, but we need to shower and didn't feel like playing the pee pee dance......
So, not only won't you guys have a nice new indoor pool, no water to bath or clean up with. Very understandable as to why you packed up and moved over to the hotel. I hope you and the Mrs. get a peaceful nights sleep.

OOPS! Forgot the evenings just beginning on your side of the map. Well have some fun. Make like honeymoon hotel.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
So, not only won't you guys have a nice new indoor pool, no water to bath or clean up with. Very understandable as to why you packed up and moved over to the hotel. I hope you and the Mrs. get a peaceful nights sleep.

OOPS! Forgot the evenings just beginning on your side of the map. Well have some fun. Make like honeymoon hotel.
LOL, yeah... its' 8:30 here, but I gotta get up so early for work I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9:30.....

Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
LOL, yeah... its' 8:30 here, but I gotta get up so early for work I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9:30.....
Well rest well, I'm heading off to bed any minute, I had a long day. Doctor, shopping, cooking, then spent this evening at Barnes and Nobles, gift wrapping books till about 9pm ET. So, I'm ready to pass out.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well rest well, I'm heading off to bed any minute, I had a long day. Doctor, shopping, cooking, then spent this evening at Barnes and Nobles, gift wrapping books till about 9pm ET. So, I'm ready to pass out.
That sounds like a fun day! (minus the doctor).

Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I love eggplant, hate cooking it though.

Hahaha...let me tell you I get sooooo tired of clueless men in the grocery store. I just want to say "can't you call your mama for questions like this???" Seriously, "what are the best apples?", "what wine do you recommend?", "have you tried these fiber bars?" (and a big WTF with that one. Do I look old enough to want to discuss fiber????) ...here's a novel idea....RESEARCH before you go to the store. Please.
I could probably recommend some and I'm not old. I like granola, protein, and fiber bars for snacks and trail food.

I wouldn't just assume that they are really completely clueless. It could also be an attempt to pick up women at the grocery store. However, I've met just as many women who have tried to strike up grocery conversation as men, so it is probably one of those 'extrovert vs. introvert' things. Some people just like the sound of their own voices so much they have to constantly share with others.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I could probably recommend some and I'm not old. I like granola, protein, and fiber bars for snacks and trail food.

I wouldn't just assume that they are really completely clueless. It could also be an attempt to pick up women at the grocery store. However, I've met just as many women who have tried to strike up grocery conversation as men, so it is probably one of those 'extrovert vs. introvert' things. Some people just like the sound of their own voices so much they have to constantly share with others.
LOL, funny you mention the extrovert/introvert thing. I'm a hardcore introvert and don't do much in the way of small talk....ever...

I'm trying to become more outgoing in real life, so long story somewhat short, we had a major plumbing issue in my condo complex yesterday and since there is a hotel walking distance to us I walked over to get a room for the night. I was talking to the hotel clerk checking me in and made some comment about how the bldg has no water and he was like, yeah, he'd gotten a few calls from people looking for rooms saying the same thing.

I told mrs. chow and she did this number to me reminded me that that guy could possibly tell his friends that we're not there and that we can get ripped off since they have our address and know we're not home....

LOL, the rare times I make small talk, I mention something I probably should keep under my hat. LOL, you never know these days anymore about people, the kid at the counter seemed pleasant enough, so who knows if he'd send someone over to rob the place... most likely not....

Anyway, the point I'm making is if I were an extroverted "chatty kathy" type, I wonder how much more crap I'd let out of the bag.....

Old 12-11-2013, 10:42 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,290 times
Speaking of Chatty Kathy, a few years ago, when my son was 5, we were at the grocery store, my son proceeded to tell the cashier all about how he didn't have a dad anymore and his gramma died and lots of other things...how I wanted to make him stop

Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,290 times
I noticed whenever I post stuff, no one ever says anything after it, I think I must be the outcast of CD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships