U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 AM

9,842 posts, read 20,088,671 times

Advertisements

Just let the texting thing go. If you start acting territorial over something as lame as who texted whom and how often, you'll be as crazy as the ex.

Now, act like an adult. Apologize to your boyfriend for overreacting. That will relieve some of the tension. The minute you start keeping score, is the minute your relationship stares the downhill slide. Don't wait for an apology from him. Just get over it.

You have two choices about how to behave towards the ex:

You can ignore her for the time being.
You can go to your supervisor and ask for advice.

Regardless, you should keep a written record of what happens. Don't talk to to ex. That's just asking for trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 05:42 AM

348 posts, read 393,146 times
I'm too old for this cr*p, so I'll say this:

You're young
life is short

You've only been dating 6 months but long enough to see some true traits. There will always be stress in your lives. You're learning how he deals with stress. This who he is and that's not going to change. You either accept it for who he is or you move on. The fact that he defended his ex speaks to me that he doesn't believe you and thats a problem because you're constantly going to have to defend yourself on things like this. That doesn't change or go away either IME.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:23 AM

5 posts, read 3,621 times
[QUOTEslilyflower3191981;32070697]Bold makes me believe that he is still a keeper. Give him some time.[/quote]

Yes hes the best guy I been with. He takes care of me if I need anything. He makes me laugh and tells me he loves me he loves everyday sending hearts and tells me im beautiful and how hes lucky.
I just feel he was outta line and something in my head went off like redflag since he wasnt defending me. I have no problem dropping people who are full of ****. Im just gonna talk to him and if he doesn't listen and apologize then im out. Thanks hun

Old 11-03-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEirdhuMan View Post
I'm a guy.

And I'm definitely broken.

But one thing I've learned in my 20 some years , is that stubborn people do not make good friends, lovers, or partners.

If the person you're with refuses to even think about how you see things, I'd let him go. But please make sure you're financially able to get your own place first and such.

It sounds like there is communication issues between you two. I don't know who is at fault mainly or if it's both of you, but the way I see it is you have two options.

Leave as soon as possible. OR Start spending a little more time apart from him and do other things, or work a lot more, etc. And then see how things go. If they don't get better within the next year, you tried, and you probably shouldn't keep trying.
One of the best answers....I do love the guy but defending an ex is where I draw the line. It makes me look at him differently and want to be "friends" instead.
I just am scared if im overreacting and will miss out on a good guy over dumb situation. On the other hand I dated to mank jerks and don't do bs.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,073,366 times
A guy who is not on your side and who does not support you during your loss -is not worth it.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:27 PM

32,979 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykoko10 View Post

Yes hes the best guy I been with. He takes care of me if I need anything. He makes me laugh and tells me he loves me he loves everyday sending hearts and tells me im beautiful and how hes lucky.
I just feel he was outta line and something in my head went off like redflag since he wasnt defending me. I have no problem dropping people who are full of ****. Im just gonna talk to him and if he doesn't listen and apologize then im out. Thanks hun
Sounds great. good luck and take care sweetie

hope you are doing well today.

((( )))

Old 11-03-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Sounds great. good luck and take care sweetie

hope you are doing well today.

((( )))
Thank you dear for you kind words...have a great day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships