Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,514,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I agree, but if a person really wants you they will put forth effort to make it happen.

shortnblack told me its rude. lol

That's not rude, that's ambitious
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,945,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
It's crazy!!! I don't know how people do it. Okay, the title is a bit misleading, but it's not really about loving someone you can't have. It's about the feeling of "liking" "loving" or "falling" for someone and the feeling of the "unknown". Regardless of whether you can get that person or not is not an issue. In my case, I think he's way out of my league and is currently emotional unavailable. I can't move on and it's killing me. Not to mention, we flirted and had a great time together. I don't like having a crush on someone. I don't want to feel this way. Arghhh!

How d'you forget someone quickly? If you have any suggestions on how to not feel, I would be more than happy to listen (or in this case, read).
I used to get crushes. These days they happen very very infrequently. Now that they don't happen too much, I actually miss them.

Most of my biggest regrets in life are when I was younger and failing to act on my crushes.
Don't try to ignore or forget a crush. At least talk to the person. If you make yourself available and chat, and they don't ask you out, at least you tried. But I don't recommend sitting on the sidelines. Besides, perhaps if you get to know them, they will ask you out, or you discover they are totally not who you thought they were, and the crush will fade naturally.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,393,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
It's crazy!!! I don't know how people do it. Okay, the title is a bit misleading, but it's not really about loving someone you can't have. It's about the feeling of "liking" "loving" or "falling" for someone and the feeling of the "unknown". Regardless of whether you can get that person or not is not an issue. In my case, I think he's way out of my league and is currently emotional unavailable. I can't move on and it's killing me. Not to mention, we flirted and had a great time together. I don't like having a crush on someone. I don't want to feel this way. Arghhh!

How d'you forget someone quickly? If you have any suggestions on how to not feel, I would be more than happy to listen (or in this case, read).
Simply remove myself from their vicinity.

Refrain from conversations or talks that can lead to my unintended flirting or what appears to be "coyish" behavior.

Basically, keep it real. Be polite. Be friendly, but keep a distance. Because I am well aware of how I want to be treated. So keep it cool and respect people's boundaries.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,342,021 times
distractions. go get a new haircut. tart up your surroundings. go to the library and get some good books. start some projects. anything that will make you feel good about yourself.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 AM

890 posts, read 1,644,691 times
I'm dealing with that now. It's hard, in this case the girl actually loved me, but could no handle a relationship due to work and family problems. She is still a good friend a year later. I'm still in love with her, but haven't emotionally mentally moved on

Old 11-07-2013, 03:24 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,401,907 times
I met a woman in 1971 and was smitten from that very moment. We became close friends but nothing romantic. We both eventially met someone else and married. I for 27 years. During my marriage I often thought of my friend and wondered what could have been. Well, 27 years later my wife and I divorced and for two years I searched for her. I found her in a different state across the country. I contacted her and she was also divorced. For 5-6 months we talked on the phone to re-aquaint ourselves with each other. I talked her into getting together with me on a more serious note this time. During our talks I found out that she was smitten with me also but we both were to afraid of messing up a good friendship. So, after almost 30 years apart, we are now together for almost 12 years and have been married for almost 4 years. If we would have spoken up back in 1971 we could have been together all this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships