U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 PM

442 posts, read 483,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
None the less, it happens, and teachers have every right to decline to have parents volunteer in cases where it creates problems.
I agree it can happen.
But to "Bar" a parent from volunteering in their seven year olds classroom, there are other avenues. At seven, they are still very young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,620,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
With all due respect, this is weird.

You are married, yet you hang out in bars? And find nothing repulsive about women who feel you are at the level of a Prostitute? Honestly, I've been married 22 years. The majority of it people have whistled at me on the street. I've been a cyclist until about 2 years ago when I was hurt. We just got back to it.

So I am confident I am not ugly. Yet for anyone to talk to me with such a vulgar intent is to disrespect myself and my husband. You need counseling. No matter what you look like, it doesn't justify these weird things happening. Your a father, and husband, grow up.
While not required, I go to the local chamber of commerce after hours meetings, and networking happy hours, it is one of the places I meet small business owners who are in need of my services, as I own an accounting firm focused on working with small businesses with 10 or less employees and contract sales people who have no idea how to handle the financial end of things. My cost per client using these meetings is about half of the next closest way to generate clients. I usually do not even drink at these things, but plenty of others do.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,415,687 times
OP, your wife cant work because she hurt back, and yet she can get pregnant? I think pregnancy and chasing a toddler would be more stressful on her back, than having a sit-down job.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:09 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,620,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
OP, your wife cant work because she hurt back, and yet she can get pregnant? I think pregnancy and chasing a toddler would be more stressful on her back, than having a sit-down job.
She can work, and does currently work, she just cannot stand for long stretches of time such as a teacher does in a classroom, or lift much weight all the time. She is sore for a couple of days after just working one day as a substitute Pera, but does part time home health care supervising CNAs for her primary job. Combined the 2 of them manage to pay her enough to cover her gas and spending money as well as few groceries, but not enough to really help with the household bills.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:20 PM

442 posts, read 483,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
While not required, I go to the local chamber of commerce after hours meetings, and networking happy hours, it is one of the places I meet small business owners who are in need of my services, as I own an accounting firm focused on working with small businesses with 10 or less employees and contract sales people who have no idea how to handle the financial end of things. My cost per client using these meetings is about half of the next closest way to generate clients. I usually do not even drink at these things, but plenty of others do.
I owned a Welcome Service and worked part time for our County doing Public Relations and Marketing.

I also attended every Chamber Mixer for many years, luncheons, and volunteered at their booths etc.. One year I was a board member

Something is very wrong when people disrespect you to the point they treat you as a wh*re.

You are acting the part or this wouldn't keep happening.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:50 AM

4,576 posts, read 7,857,158 times
Teaching at public schools is the new go to j ob for female sexual predators. Its very scary.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,131,229 times
It seems that the OP attracts overtures such as he's described from women because he's (likely unconsciously) sending out an unintended but clear message. Getting these sorts of communications from members of the opposite sex doesn't come out of the blue with absolutely no provocation. I'm guessing his wife has been seeing these subliminal messages for years. Time for them to have an honest chat so that he might understand what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships