U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 01:04 PM

19 posts, read 25,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
You sound immature.
Nope.

Unlike some women - my GF in particular - I live up to my word when I make a promise. That is being mature.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,587,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2222 View Post
Nope.

Unlike some women - my GF in particular - I live up to my word when I make a promise. That is being mature.
No. If you were mature, you wouldn't be so naive.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 PM

375 posts, read 315,777 times
Quote:
Nope.

Being mature also is understanding what another person is going through. Right now it doesnt sound like you're being very understanding of what your gf is going through.

She just found out she's pregnant, instead of celebrating the wonderful news with her, and making plans to bring a baby in the world, you're off sulking in a corner and crying about a "contract" that you signed so that you could get some tail.

Pick yourself up and dust yourself off, both of you have made a mistake, now make the best of it.

You're going to regret not celebrating this.....

I think you're being called immature because you're coming across as some 18 year old kid who's scared to death. Ive never met a 30 year old that's acted like this when they got someone pregnant by mistake......

Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 PM

5,356 posts, read 16,301,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No. If you were mature, you wouldn't be so naive.
Or looking for conformation to justify your position on a forum.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,275,426 times
Quote:
Nope.

Frankly, I hope your GF leaves you. You sound incredibly self-centered and unable to take any responsibility for your own actions.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:15 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,413,804 times
Quote:
Nope.

If you were fine with her getting an abortion, why don't you get a vasectomy? It's very easy, snip, snip.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM

678 posts, read 1,294,582 times
Quote:
Nope.

How is it between the pair of you now? Are you speaking to each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,770,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
Being mature also is understanding what another person is going through. Right now it doesnt sound like you're being very understanding of what your gf is going through.
To be fair, the same applies to people that don't know what the OP is going through.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:34 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,587,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
To be fair, the same applies to people that don't know what the OP is going through.
Maybe, but it doesn't really take much intuition to get a handle on this. There are some principles in the universe that simply apply, much like the laws of gravity.

The first of which is that there's no way, no how that he's going to march this girl down to the women's clinic and force her to have an abortion she doesn't want to have.

The second of which is that pregnancy is caused by unprotected sex. Not much wiggle room there. I mean, I knew this when I was 10. How he managed to ignore this in his thirties says quite a bit.

The third of which is that if she carries this pregnancy to term, then he's on the hook for about two decades. Maybe more.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,770,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe, but it doesn't really take much intuition to get a handle on this. There are some principles in the universe that simply apply, much like the laws of gravity.

The first of which is that there's no way, no how that he's going to march this girl down to the women's clinic and force her to have an abortion she doesn't want to have.

The second of which is that pregnancy is caused by unprotected sex. Not much wiggle room there. I mean, I knew this when I was 10. How he managed to ignore this in his thirties says quite a bit.

The third of which is that if she carries this pregnancy to term, then he's on the hook for about two decades. Maybe more.
Those are all FACTS, but they don't reflect the emotional bear on someone in the OP's situation. Lambasting him for being in the situation doesn't help anyone (not talking to you specifically, but the thread as a whole). Scenarios like this are where the lesson learned doesn't sync up evenly with the error, and for that, I sympathize a bit with the OP.

The OP sought some advice and received some, but 75% of the replies were basically, "you idiot, you deserve it". All that does is make the posters feel better about themselves. So if someone wants to call him out for an error in judgment, go ahead....we live in a free community here. But understand that a) it doesn't help and b) they're more likely than not displaying an ignorance of what he's going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships