U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:01 AM

2,181 posts, read 2,132,693 times

Advertisements

lol at this guy.

"I made her scribble some lead on some paper, how dare she go back on it!!!". Yeah, right. When those emotions kick in that piece of paper becomes worthless, you should have known that.

You absolutely are to blame for this as much as she. You know damn well that having unprotected sex with no birth control is a child waiting to happen. This was going to happen at some point. If you really didn't want this reality then you would have not done it. you had options you didn't take, like a vasectomy or breaking up with her if she refused to let you wear a condom. Since you did do it, you now have to man up and deal with it. You took the easy route (count on her to kill her unborn child if it ever showed up so you could go on plugging away unprotected, having a blast), took a gamble, and lost.

She didn't betray you, she just feels that the life of the child growing in her is not something she has the right to extinguish. That instinct is stronger then her agreement with you.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,223,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
You're right, he should have known better, but something about her is definitely fishy. I decided jumping on the op wasn't helpful, as half this thread is filled with people who have clearly made no terrible mistakes in their own lives. His feelings of betrayal are justified, she gave him an unreasonable set of circumstances and a false sense of security.
I'd be more sympathetic if she had, say said she was using BC and lied or secretly poked holes in the condoms or something. But this...this...stupidity completely baffles me! I'm pretty sure men in the BC era knew better!

Sometimes, I feel people can be SO stupid that it doesn't matter what the other person did, they completely deserve what they get.

Hey OP, did you know that if you run out into a war zone you can get shot and die? Or do you even realize a bullet going into your head can kill you? At this point, I doubt it.

Also, to the OP, I guess I should let you know that even though there's a very small chance, even if you have sex with a woman on her period she can still get pregnant. Just figured he should know

Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 AM

20,070 posts, read 14,387,889 times
So let me get this straight, you both thought charting ovulation was a surefire way to protect against pregnancy? Are you two that uninformed and uneducated?

The fact remains birth control methods fail and are never 100%. And BTW, hormones do whacky things to women!! In the majority of mothers and cases, maternal instincts trump killer instincts. Duh!

Accept your responsibility, and marry the mother of your child. That is if you love her, your unborn child, and want to give your offspring a chance in this life.

Stop whining and holding a grudge! Man up!

In the future, DON'T rely on charting ovulation. Most women are irregular!!!!

Last edited by picklejuice; 01-24-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-24-2014, 02:35 PM

753 posts, read 917,847 times
Based on all the stuff I've been reading here it sounds like nothing but pro-life mumbo-jumbo.

Just dump the girl and take care of your child, nothing else you can do if she decides to have it.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:23 AM

20,070 posts, read 14,387,889 times
Yep. Bad, bad CD posters think the kid should 'man up' and take responsibility for the situation he helped create.

Now that complaint and advice is what should be "dumped"/discarded.

Give the girl the benefit of a doubt.

Why always assume the worst and most negative. Geesh!

And Jonathanp219, dude, the OP said he loved her.

I guess that is of little value--right?

Talk about an obvious reaction by a young one obviously born in the throwaway society days!

You gave away your age, boy! Now both of you grow the heck up!

Last edited by picklejuice; 01-25-2014 at 09:36 AM..

Old 01-26-2014, 12:23 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,623,864 times
I can't believe this idiotic thread is still going on.

Look, sex is a reproductive act. If you have sex with someone with someone of child-bearing years, there's always the chance that she'll get pregnant. There is no foolproof birth control method. Condoms break. Some medicines negate the effect of pills. And even tubal ligations can fail. And once a woman is pregnant, you can just forget whatever sentiment she previously held about being pro-choice or pro-life. For that was theory while this is reality.

Lesson? Don't have sex with someone unless you like her enough to scribble out child-support checks for the next two decades of your life. If you are actually surprised by this fact and rail against the unfairness of it, then you are not only a halfwit, but a self-centered one at that.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-26-2014 at 12:33 PM..

Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM

34,532 posts, read 28,857,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I can't believe this idiotic thread is still going on.

Look, sex is a reproductive act. If you have sex with someone with someone of child-bearing years, there's always the chance that she'll get pregnant. There is no foolproof birth control method. Condoms break. Some medicines negate the effect of pills. And even tubal ligations can fail. And once a woman is pregnant, you can just forget whatever sentiment she previously held about being pro-choice or pro-life. For that was theory while this is reality.

Lesson? Don't have sex with someone unless you like her enough to scribble out child-support checks for the next two decades of your life. If you are actually surprised by this fact and rail against the unfairness of it, then you are not only a halfwit, but a self-centered one at that.
/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships