U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
 
428 posts, read 366,260 times
Reputation: 105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
How old are you? Have you ever been in a loving relationship? How is your parents relationship?

I just know it. Have seen the same thing in my parent's relationship. Mom doting to me too much, ignoring dad, refusing to go for date nights and all that. It created a lot of tension between the two . My dad is way more romantic than my mom.

So. I know how a man's life become after his wife give birth.

 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
10,730 posts, read 10,131,970 times
Reputation: 14219
It isn't so black and white. I love both my children and my husband in different ways. They both mean so much to me. To us. Without my sweet husband, there'd be no children for me. The children are a product of our love for each other. I would be bereft if either of them were taken from my life.

Its about giving of yourself equally.
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,929,086 times
Reputation: 22134
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I just know it. Have seen the same thing in my parent's relationship. Mom doting to me too much, ignoring dad, refusing to go for date nights and all that. It created a lot of tension between the two . My dad is way more romantic than my mom.

So. I know how a man's life become after his wife give birth.
No. All you know is how your parents are. One couple is not indicative of the behavior of all people. But this certainly explains everything.
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM
 
428 posts, read 366,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No. All you know is how your parents are. One couple is not indicative of the behavior of all people. But this certainly explains everything.
It's pretty obvious why women would love their kids more than anything, considering they carried the child around for nine months and they can also be completely sure the child is theirs (whereas a man can never truly 100% know, naturally at least).

As for men and women and how they love each other, my bro science theory is that the way women love is the way it is for adaptive purposes. Men in general are disposable when it comes to mating. If you have a bunch of males and one female, she can still only get pregnant once... but if you have a bunch of females, even just one male can impregnate all of them. Plus, when a girl is pregnant, she's really vulnerable (more than females already are in general). So, you can see why it would be adaptive for women to be able to get over separation with or loss of a mate... It's easier to find a new mate to replace the old one and she needs that because she's dependent on males for protection, resources, etc. That's just my bro science theory, anyway.
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
 
3,967 posts, read 4,592,992 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think you really understand what research is. The last thing you posted was about love at first sight. That doesn't prove that men are more romantic than women. If anything - that proves that men are more visual than women. And, to be honest, it really didn't prove anything at all.

If you don't want to get married - don't get married. Citing "research" and "facts" that are opinions is pointless. You don't need a reason to not want to get married just like you don't need a reason to not want to have children. Live the life you want to live and stop trying to justify your reasoning with silly things that are not provable.
You actually do need a reason to not want to get married or to breed. It's so atypical when it comes to society that it's pathetic. You don't just get up and not get married or breed for no reason. Not wanting that/them is a reason and a good enough one. They will still get judged though because they are the minority and they were intelligent to make a sound decision. So they will forever be a target for derision and patronization. Life goes on.
 
Old 11-04-2013, 11:44 PM
 
428 posts, read 366,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You actually do need a reason to not want to get married or to breed. It's so atypical when it comes to society that it's pathetic. You don't just get up and not get married or breed for no reason. Not wanting that/them is a reason and a good enough one. They will still get judged though because they are the minority and they were intelligent to make a sound decision. So they will forever be a target for derision and patronization. Life goes on.
You do have a point, a great one. Thanks.
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05 AM
 
428 posts, read 366,260 times
Reputation: 105
I don't know but i have generally seen this A man is the least loved and expendable part of today's families.
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
 
Location: Texas
43,464 posts, read 52,470,772 times
Reputation: 70533
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I am already in University. So i know what i am talking about. Its not a rocket science. Its biology.
Troll U doesn't count.
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 AM
 
19,081 posts, read 21,854,224 times
Reputation: 13432
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I disagree, love for children is definitely conditional.

I don't think there is such a thing as unconditional love.
I don't think all people are capable of unconditional love, but some are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Well. Your feelings are on per with the study she did on ted talk and so do your husband's. So i am not really surprised by your answer. Thanks for being honest.
Sure. I don't understand the comparisons anyhow. Fortunately, my husband doesn't need me to love him like a parent to child.
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:52 AM
 
428 posts, read 366,260 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think all people are capable of unconditional love, but some are.

Sure. I don't understand the comparisons anyhow. Fortunately, my husband doesn't need me to love him like a parent to child.
I never said that, did i ?
Of course. One cannot tackle biology. So no worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top