Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,838 times

Advertisements

I'm a fairly private person so I don't post loads of pictures, but I have friends that do constantly. I've always wondered what happens when couples post dozens of photos of themselves together on to facebook and then they break up? Do you just leave them there or take time out of your day to delete every single picture and status of you two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Some people take down the pictures, some untag themselves from any pictures with the ex, some don't do anything and forget about them. There is no hard and fast rule.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
I have pictures stored online from my previous relationship, just like I used to have photo albums with pictures from friendships and relationships, back in the day when I actually made prints. No biggie. I don't spend time looking at them, and for the most part, I consolidated most of them into a single "album" so I wasn't always running across them inadvertently.

I'm not the sort of person who, back in the day, tore up photos or burned them or any of that melodramatic BS. So I'm not an "Oh, my God, I have to take down all evidence that I was ever involved with so-and-so..." person. Taking down pictures wouldn't erase five years of my life, anyway. I lived with him for five years...going back and removing facebook status/comments, taking pictures down, etc. from the past five years would be colossally time-consuming, and, really, who cares anyway? Not me.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,371 times
People I know take all of them down, but they don't go back and delete statuses. But some couples, I know one woman who started a new page.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM

570 posts, read 721,178 times
Take em down, mate.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Send them out to instagram so they can use them for ads.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM

122 posts, read 349,172 times
I have a few but one of my friends constantly posts pics of her and her BF on IG AND FB. I had to unfollow her on IG because my feed was swamped with pics of her and her BF. She’d always take pics of her and her BF eating, in the car, watching tv, on dates, at the movies,pics of him eating, pics of him sleeping… It got annoying as hell. I have a few pics of me and my BF (my profile pic is of us two). But sheesh I don’t flood the FB or IF newsfeed with pics of us. We don’t like taking pics as it is.. lol

Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
I don't understand why people make their personal pictures with partners, children, parents, friends - just everything public. They use facebook like a photoalbum. You DO know, whatever you put on the web, will be floating around, no matter what your PRIVACY settings are on facebook.

Whatever happened to privacy? I would never, never in a million years PUBLISH my parents pictures on the web. I dont get it.

A friend of mine recently posted some pics of other friends children. WTF?

This is to me like taking a photoalbum out of a shelf in someobodys home and sticking the pics on random trees out on the street for everybody to see

Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 PM

122 posts, read 349,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't understand why people make their personal pictures with partners, children, parents, friends - just everything public. They use facebook like a photoalbum. You DO know, whatever you put on the web, will be floating around, no matter what your PRIVACY settings are on facebook.

Whatever happened to privacy? I would never, never in a million years PUBLISH my parents pictures on the web. I dont get it.

A friend of mine recently posted some pics of other friends children. WTF?
My SIL recently got very upset at her younger sister posting pics of my niece in her halloween costume (shes 4). she said you dont know if pervs are out there looking for pics like this! and she has a point...

Old 11-05-2013, 04:24 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships