U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM

36,512 posts, read 41,720,253 times

Advertisements

Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying.

One of our good friends is at Guantanamo for a year, probably more. Saying "See ya" to his wife shortly after their wedding sucked lots. But, it's the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM

803 posts, read 1,619,004 times
Noelle41, oh ok, lol i was envisioning a kim kardashian-esque sorta girl who cries because her earrings got wet! lol =)

Old 11-06-2013, 02:51 PM

116 posts, read 472,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle41 View Post
Hi everyone

I am kind of new to this forum so bear with me : )

I have been dating my significant other for about 8mths now. Sadly, most of our relationship has been LDR since heís in the military. First it was because he was deployed in Afghanistan. Second time, he was stationed in another state. He kept in touch as much as he could but he was pretty busy moving up in rank, training new soldiers, out on the field for weeks at a time, AND taking classes for his new duties in Korea (he just left for Korea on Monday). I understand that with military men, communication isnít always going to be there because of their job.

He was here for about a month before he left to Korea (he got stationed there). He will be there a yr then comes back home to be stationed here for good. While he was here, we did spend some time together and he even met my family. (We didnít spend as much time as I wanted but he went out of town for a family reunion and spent most of his days with his family). The last week he was here, he seemed to be a bit distant. The day he left he told me he was packing and getting ready to leave and would let me know before he left. I didnít hear from him till later on that night when he had already left (he was in California) and apologized for not getting back to me sooner saying it had been a hectic/busy day for him.

My question is, is it normal for them to be distant right before they leave? This isnít a deployment, he just got stationed in another country.

Also, how long does it take for them to settle in when they arrive in a new country?
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He did spend time with you but he all so needed to spend time with his family.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM

122 posts, read 284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
Noelle41, oh ok, lol i was envisioning a kim kardashian-esque sorta girl who cries because her earrings got wet! lol =)
No no not at all lol... He thinks I cry for everything since I got teary eyed at one of those ASPCA commercials. lol

Old 11-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSlave View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He did spend time with you but he all so needed to spend time with his family.
Yes I agree : ) I was just curious if it's normal for them to be a bit distant right before they leave. I still talked to him but he just seemed distant. Probably busy with getting everything ready for his move

Old 11-06-2013, 03:23 PM

5,376 posts, read 6,504,137 times
No this does NOT sound normal if this man is truly your significant other (think you said that anyway)

and that was your question.

I would advise you not to put too much meaning into this relationship right now.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
No this does NOT sound normal if this man is truly your significant other (think you said that anyway)

and that was your question.

I would advise you not to put too much meaning into this relationship right now.
Im hearing that it normal AND that it's not... so now Im confused

Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM

15,974 posts, read 12,736,940 times
Everybody is different.

Trust your gut feeling.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Everybody is different.

Trust your gut feeling.
I think it's just the way he is. I think itís normal, I guess I just wanted opinions on this. Heís not big on talking about feelings, he shows me. When weíre together, heís sweet, loving and affectionate.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:49 PM

36,512 posts, read 41,720,253 times
Geez, who DOESN'T get teary at those? The way to my fiance's heart is through his dogs, and he has to change the channel when those come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships