Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,706,085 times

Advertisements

Many on here have discussions of being pursued. Men don't pursue me or women don't pursue me and such. But my question is if you are the person that goes after someone "normally", but then the tables are turned and someone pursues you, does it bother you?

In real life I was mostly shocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,887,228 times
Never been pursued.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,060,435 times
Not much that's usually shocking per se. It may be a surprise when the person does not seem to have that aggressiveness but is the pursuer, And also the manner in which they address the situation. I was surprised by this once actually. A woman gave me her number, I informed her I have a girlfriend and she said to call right away if we split up. That was kind of surprising. I crumpled the number up the minute she left.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,764,564 times
If someone pursues me, then I wouldn't care as long as they respected whichever wishes of mine I told them (such as to stop pursuing me, or to continue to do what he or she wants, et cetera).

Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,249,230 times
debt collectors wouldn't be interested in pursuing me, Lol

Old 11-06-2013, 01:31 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,513,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Many on here have discussions of being pursued. Men don't pursue me or women don't pursue me and such. But my question is if you are the person that goes after someone "normally", but then the tables are turned and someone pursues you, does it bother you?

It doesn't bother me, but like you if it does happen to me, I am taken off guard and surprised. Most times, which really means any time it happens, I don't even recognize it. I am absolutely clueless if a woman makes a move on me. I always assume she is just being nice and making conversation. Unless she makes her intentions chrystal clear, I assume absolutely nothing

Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,943,812 times
Quote:

For me, it happens so rarely, that when it does, I have to be extremely sharp to not screw it up.
The only way I can explain it, is that it's kind of like dancing. Due to societal roles, I lead. But if I dance and not lead, I struggle.
The dynamic IS a little different. Even though it is a similar activity.
However, for me, with the right person, things can go smoothly. If they do it right for me. But they have to speak my language. If they don't speak my language, "It's a fumble!"

It doesn't bother me if I'm pursued, but that doesn't mean it's a slam dunk and that I won't screw it up.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,840,515 times
Quote:

It's never happened.

If it did? If a woman walked up to me and said I was hot/cute and asked me out and 'let's see what happens' it would pretty much change the way I think about life.

Doesn't matter what she looked like.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,309,406 times
Quote:

To tell the truth, I am often pursued. It can be flattering, it can be scary, depending on who is pursuing. It can even be... embarrassing when I remember that I'm in the group that should do the pursuing, but then again, I am pursuing something else, so there you have it.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:56 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,623,304 times
Quote:
my question is if you are the person that goes after someone "normally", but then the tables are turned and someone pursues you, does it bother you?
in theory, it's fine. no problem with it.

in practice, literally every woman who has ever approached me (blatantly, like a man typically would) was someone i didn't want to date, either on account of looks, morality, or personality.

so just out of observation, if someone hits on me, i assume something is wrong with them. i've grown accustomed to the assumption that quality women have to be sought-out.

Last edited by le roi; 11-06-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships