U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,029 times

Advertisements

what goes around comes around. Not sure how my ex is doing... probably not doing as good as I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,979,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
lol misunderstanding on my part. my sincere apology.
Apology accepted.

And thanks for the laugh

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM

17,870 posts, read 17,671,484 times
So she dumped you and got with a dud that has no desire to commit anything to society except for his 5 kids. She obviously sees something in this guy that she obviously didn't see in you, and she likes it enough that she's decided to marry him.

Who knows? She might really enjoy dating loser men, and begs the question why women stay with men like this in the first place.

The guy might be reeeeally good in the sack, or he might just hit all the right places. Might be a reason why he's got the 5 kids running around.

She might want something of a family of her own, and here's a guy already with kids so she doesn't have to go with child berth.

There's lots of reasons to be thought about. What you may feel as karma to her, might be her finding a hidden treasure to her.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM

2,954 posts, read 6,113,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
You've looked for examples that fit into the concept of karma, and found them. The idea of Karma is something we use to make ourselves feel better when we've been wronged.

"They'll get theirs!"..Helps us sleep at night.
Personally have witnessed people doing both good and bad things being blindsided by good and bad consequences. I'm just a passive observer taking notes, and I have seen both sides of the spectrum. In the situations I have witnessed, I personally had nothing to gain by another's fortune or misfortune. Believe what you want; I am just speaking from my experience.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 PM

4,661 posts, read 6,077,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Personally have witnessed people doing both good and bad things being blindsided by good and bad consequences. I'm just a passive observer taking notes, and I have seen both sides of the spectrum. In the situations I have witnessed, I personally had nothing to gain by another's fortune or misfortune. Believe what you want; I am just speaking from my experience.

Stating "Karma does exist" like it's a fact isn't being a passive observer.

A small child gets murdered...Karma? Or just random, chaotic bad luck? You can't really believe in both.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,189,093 times
Quote:
has anyone else ever had their ex fall upon "hard times" so to speak?
Yes I have. From about the moment I discovered she cheated on me, and packed her crap and tossed it and her into the front yard...she has had nothing but failed relationships, no work, failing health from all the drinking and drugs, numerous jail stints...you name it...she's had it. And deserved every damn bit of it in my opinion. She went from diamonds and gold, to broke and left out in the cold. I'm not normally heartless and cruel...but she had it coming and she got it. Sadly she is my two son's mother, and I feel bad for them more than anything. But it was a choice she made and she has to live with that decision till the day she dies.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yes I have. From about the moment I discovered she cheated on me, and packed her crap and tossed it and her into the front yard...she has had nothing but failed relationships, no work, failing health from all the drinking and drugs, numerous jail stints...you name it...she's had it. And deserved every damn bit of it in my opinion. She went from diamonds and gold, to broke and left out in the cold. I'm not normally heartless and cruel...but she had it coming and she got it. Sadly she is my two son's mother, and I feel bad for them more than anything. But it was a choice she made and she has to live with that decision till the day she dies.
I feel for your sons. Children deserve a parent that loves and cherishes them, and she is obviously so wrapped up in her own drama that she can't get herself together for them.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Stating "Karma does exist" like it's a fact isn't being a passive observer.

A small child gets murdered...Karma? Or just random, chaotic bad luck? You can't really believe in both.
The idea of Karma is not an absolute and explanation of everything that happens in this world. Some things just don't come with an explanation, period. Maybe that is why so many hang on so dearly to religion so that they can believe in something when nothing makes sense. A child getting murdered is an unfortunate event committed by someone that is inherently evil. That person put bad energy out into the world, and at some point, that person will have bad energy upon them for doing such things. That is the concept. It is not an end all answer, and there is an acceptance that some things will just never have an answer, they just are.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 PM

892 posts, read 2,100,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yup my ex. Decided to cheat on me and I dumped her. Saw her later few years down the road. Bloated fat and pregnant pushing a stroller with another young baby. She looked awful. Spoke to her sister a few months later and caught up. Seems the guy she was doing while with me got her pregnant. Twice. left her for another woman who he ended up getting pregnant. Never paid her child support. The dude just f'ed and stuck around for a while then bailed. Ah well. And I was gonna marry that girl. I hope she got her life straightened out .

thats usually how it happens when you "let go and let god"

u lose contact, dont have ill feelings etc etc. things go their own way.

if the shoe was on the other foot, she'd probably try to take u to the cleaners for child support.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 PM

3,395 posts, read 3,715,482 times
In what sense is this karmic?

It sounds to be that your ex has made some terrible choices, fallen for a real bottom-feeder and is making a mess of her life. But she seems to be doing that on her own, and I don't see any of it having much to do with you. If anyone is banking some karmic debt, it is you. Be thankful. I think you dodged a bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships