Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,342,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
And yet she still doesn't want to be with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,012,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
seems you're not quite over her, OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I am left wondering... how happy must she have not been with you, to consider this a step up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Karma? No such thing. You still having feelings for her and being sore for being dumped? Certainly.
Yup, agree with all 3 of you!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,609,077 times
My exes still have failed to get a girlfriend after me. To give you perspective: I broke up with the first one in 2007.

That being said, why would I waste my time caring about their lives and what's good or bad in them? Sure, I used to care and feel happy when bad stuff happened to them but that's too time-consuming and destructive.

Sorry you got dumped by text. I was dumped by email once. I got over it. You will too.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,231,997 times
Yup my ex. Decided to cheat on me and I dumped her. Saw her later few years down the road. Bloated fat and pregnant pushing a stroller with another young baby. She looked awful. Spoke to her sister a few months later and caught up. Seems the guy she was doing while with me got her pregnant. Twice. left her for another woman who he ended up getting pregnant. Never paid her child support. The dude just f'ed and stuck around for a while then bailed. Ah well. And I was gonna marry that girl. I hope she got her life straightened out .

Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,344,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
seems you're not quite over her, OP
^^^^ This

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,012,570 times
And this is your profound contribution? LOL its not my job to entertain you, so buzz off and keep your worthless opinion to yourself - %

BTW, my rep comment was supposed to be a compliment...meaning I know you'd probably say something at a later date that I'd want to agree with and rep you for but now can't, because I found the gif too funny and wanted to give you kudos for it.

But thanks for the rep points...I'll take them

Old 11-06-2013, 07:22 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,344,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
....HARD

recently talked to my ex. first time in over year.

lets just say things have spun 180.

i've gotten another job, doing quite well. got it barely a month after she dumped me....(via text)

she got with a guy....that has FIVE kids. he doesnt work, no car, no place of his own. in his 40's

my ex MOVED HIM INTO HER GRANDMA'S WITH HER

yea....u read it right. i got dumped by a woman with no house or apartment of her own.

she apologized profusely saying it was all her fault that she left me etc etc.

she recently got injured at work and was off work for awhile, her dude flipped out askin when she was gonna be going back to work cuz he needed money.

she also traded in her car to get a soccer mom van for all of his kids.

oh and she's marrying him next year............good luck with that.......

can we say karma?

im actually hoping someone in her family sat her down and said "why did u leave the last guy and get with this dude?"

has anyone else ever had their ex fall upon "hard times" so to speak?
The guy I fell in love with in college dumped me because I played a lot of mind games with him. I made him jealous all the time due to my own insecurities. Well, he dumped me for a person who was not that attractive (in my opinion)

I told all my friends that "Look at her and look at me, I cannot believe he dumped me for that." My friends all agreed with me.

Then, one day, my ex told me, "Do you know why I dumped you? Because you played way too many mind games. Grow up and learn to be a woman instead of a little girl. I love my new girlfriend to death because she knows how to treat me well. Look is not everything, popularity is not everything." Talking about lesson learned in a hard way.

I was so insecure and immature back then. Now I realized that he made a right decision dumping me. People choose the person they want to be with. There is no such a thing as Karma.

After he dumped me, I worked on my personality, I vowed to never play games with men ever again because games get you nowhere. I realized that I was not all that.

Since then, I have many good healthy happy relationships. and I always wish all my exes best of luck in life. I think maybe you should do the same. (wish her luck and move on with your own life.)

Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 PM

2,948 posts, read 6,996,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The guy I fell in love with in college dumped me because I played a lot of mind games with him. I made him jealous all the time due to my own insecurities. Well, he dumped me for a person who was not that attractive (in my opinion)

I told all my friends that "Look at her and look at me, I cannot believe he dumped me for that." My friends all agreed with me.

Then, one day, my ex told me, "Do you know why I dumped you? Because you played way too many mind games. Grow up and learn to be a woman instead of a little girl. I love my new girlfriend to death because she knows how to treat me well. Look is not everything, popularity is not everything." Talking about lesson learned in a hard way.

I was so insecure and immature back then. Now I realized that he made a right decision dumping me. People choose the person they want to be with. There is no such a thing as Karma.

After he dumped me, I worked on my personality, I vowed to never play games with men ever again because games get you nowhere. I realized that I was not all that.

Since then, I have many good healthy happy relationships. and I always wish all my exes best of luck in life. I think maybe you should do the same. (wish her luck and move on with your own life.)
Just a quick side note - Yes, Karma, or energy, that you put out in the world will come back to you. What comes around goes around and all that jazz. Take a look at "The Secret." I have witnessed first hand how life returns favors, good and bad. It really does happen.

That said, I am glad you were able to see the error of your ways and improve yourself. We are all evolving and growing each and every day as long as we continue to take the steps to do so.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,568,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Just a quick side note - Yes, Karma, or energy, that you put out in the world will come back to you. What comes around goes around and all that jazz. Take a look at "The Secret." I have witnessed first hand how life returns favors, good and bad. It really does happen.

You've looked for examples that fit into the concept of karma, and found them. The idea of Karma is something we use to make ourselves feel better when we've been wronged.

"They'll get theirs!"..Helps us sleep at night.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
And this is your profound contribution? LOL its not my job to entertain you, so buzz off and keep your worthless opinion to yourself - %

BTW, my rep comment was supposed to be a compliment...meaning I know you'd probably say something at a later date that I'd want to agree with and rep you for but now can't, because I found the gif too funny and wanted to give you kudos for it.

But thanks for the rep points...I'll take them
lol misunderstanding on my part. my sincere apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships