U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 AM

2,141 posts, read 2,569,335 times

Advertisements

My husband is a real man and he respects me enough as a human being to not try to dominate me. It's so sad that some men feel like they need to control a woman or their not a real man.

Last edited by Jasper03; 11-07-2013 at 12:24 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 AM

709 posts, read 957,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think the OP is a closet masochist, in the BDSM sense. He wants a woman to dominate him and force him to submit to her every whim. He is hoping to convince himself that all relationships work that way.
I'll admit it's fun to watch women attempt to control me. It's fun to see how far they will go.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,017,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
I'll admit it's fun to watch women attempt to control me. It's fun to see how far they will go.

good luck ever getting a woman then. if give in take is control then will i am being controlled then.

The only a control a woman has over a man is she gets to decide if your her BF or not.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:14 AM

709 posts, read 957,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
The OP must be looking for a ''Yes Sir'' woman type. If that's the case, ok then yes he can wait on his chair all day long or find a nun. No one likes being a slave to anyone nor to be bossed around.

It's about balancing things out in a relationship and working together as a team, not trying to feel like you're in control of the other.
Ironically the most controlling people I know say stuff like this the most. It's basically: "We are a team, because I say so!!"

Haha!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,430,396 times
Quote:

Can you give any examples of how these women you have been in a relationship with have tried to control you?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:26 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,184,015 times
Quote:

You have a pretty freaking twisted sense of "fun".

Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,731,337 times
Quote:
Ironically the most controlling people I know say stuff like this the most. It's basically: "We are a team, because I say so!!"

Haha!
So you don't want a healthy relationship after all. You just want it all for you. Good luck on that search. It's going to take a long while.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 AM

5,340 posts, read 5,304,806 times
Full disclosure: I didn't read much beyond the OP.

Dude, I know you think you're a real caveman and refuse to be controlled but listen to me and consider this: what you really are is immature and less of a man than others.

A real man is secure enough to give his partner the respect she deserves, which can mean making sure it's OK to have a night out, this is especially so when people have kids. You're just not yet secure enough with yourself and your manhood to give that level of consideration without feeling like a wimp or that you're being controlled. Many others are, and they feel just as masculine as you do - so how does one reconcile that?

Ahhhh but you can't deny that yes, times they are a changin' and women demand more respect today than the previous generation. But if you can't adjust to that without feeling that it compromises your masculinity, that says something about you bro. Makes no never mind to me though, knock yourself out.

Best of luck tiger.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 AM

12,344 posts, read 13,579,358 times
Quote:
Its not healthy. But its very common.
I know what you are saying.

I'm flabbergasted that many act as if they don't see it.

I see the young women generation driving their man around. The women get out and pump the gas and everything.

They ask guys out on dates, they take the lead in organizing the date. Why they even do the proposing.

The old saying goes...

When the man did try to take the lead as a man he was criticized for doing it all wrong. This lead to a more backseat type of approach from the mans side.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:51 AM

21,920 posts, read 21,729,557 times
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed this?

When I look at older couples from my grandparents generation.. the men are a lot more dominant and the women are a lot more submissive. But when I look at all my friends from college who are getting married now or in serious relationships (I'm 30) they are all slaves. The woman makes the rules and they follow.
So in your book it is ok for men to be dominant and make the rules and women to be submissive slaves but your knickers get bunched up if its the other way around.

At least you have noticed that attitudes and what society accepts and rejects and especially traditional gender roles have changed since your grandparents generation. That's a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or