U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

5,483 posts, read 6,377,976 times

Advertisements

Considering there are are more feminine men and more masculine women today, than ever before, there is indeed more couples where the woman is the dominant personality in the relationship. Is this upside down setup more common, I don't think so. Remember one thing. Men in general, prefer feminine women and women, in general prefer masculine men. This has never nor will it ever change.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM

2,393 posts, read 2,764,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Lies, manipulation, blackmail, threats, trying to create jealousy, comparing me to men in movies, cutting off sex, etc.

None of it ever works. If a woman wants me to do something she should simply verbalized it and I'll decide if it's something I'm willing to do or not.

Your first point is not dominating, it's controlling and unhealthy behaviour. Your second point is what most relationships are like. We can't make someone do something they don't want to do.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM

2,761 posts, read 4,140,648 times
Quote:
There is no equality in human relations. There is always a dominant party. This is a fact, not an opinion .
not really. it's an opinion.

Anyone IRL that does behave as such has been extremely poor relationship partners. I had a relationship with one, dated another, and I also have guy friends try to control 'their woman' as well.

This is one of my deal breakers.

It is a mindse some people have. The good ones at it are capable at hiding it so that other people dont realize it is happening. I consider it a form of manipulation.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM

2,807 posts, read 2,300,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think the OP is a closet masochist, in the BDSM sense. He wants a woman to dominate him and force him to submit to her every whim. He is hoping to convince himself that all relationships work that way.
Just out of curiousity, do you oppose to your man saying that he wears the pants in the family? Don't read it into. A straight foward question that I would ask anyone but I wanted to get your view.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM

709 posts, read 957,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I think I'm understanding what the OP really wants with that new information. He is looking for a submissive and traditional housewife. A couple of them still exist but he needs to search real hard; they aren't abundant because that's not too common anymore. They aren't found in colleges nor workplaces. Frankly, I don't know what's so good about that.

Overall, the OP wants a reproducing machine that does nothing for a living other than cooking and cleaning; a woman he can easily control.
Not necessarily. I just want a woman who isn't selfish.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,427,493 times
Quote:
Lies, manipulation, blackmail, threats, trying to create jealousy, comparing me to men in movies, cutting off sex, etc.

None of it ever works. If a woman wants me to do something she should simply verbalized it and I'll decide if it's something I'm willing to do or not.

Oh, okay. So this is the kind of woman you and your friends attract? Women who blackmail you?? Over what?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
The OP must be looking for a ''Yes Sir'' woman type. If that's the case, ok then yes he can wait on his chair all day long or find a nun. No one likes being a slave to anyone nor to be bossed around.

It's about balancing things out in a relationship and working together as a team, not trying to feel like you're in control of the other.
For you as well. I am all for 50/50 but do you believe that a man should wear the pants in the family? Without play on words, just refer to the statement.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM

2,141 posts, read 2,568,193 times
What does wear the pants mean to you because I have on pants right now?

I'm taking it to mean that if me and the old man disagree he gets the final vote simply because his sticks out and mine doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
For you as well. I am all for 50/50 but do you believe that a man should wear the pants in the family? Without play on words, just refer to the statement.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Question for the ladies-

How would you respond if you overheard your man talking to his male friends stating that he as a man takes his wife's opinion into consideration but ultimately makes the decision on what he as a man of the house feels is right? Would you oppose?

See.. these are the questions in which we will see who is who on this thread... Nope, don't start! I am not asking for a break down. Answer the question in its simplest form. It is a straight forward question.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:35 PM

2,141 posts, read 2,568,193 times
Lol!

If that is what you mean by wearing the pants than the answer is I guess he doesn't because I have just as much sense as him. Sorry but I will not shut my mouth and just agree with what he wants if I truly feel that he is wrong. We can come to some sort of compromise but uh NO he is not going to have his way simply because he has a penis and I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
What does wear the pants mean to you because I have on pants right now?

I'm taking it to mean that if me and the old man disagree he gets the final vote simply because his sticks out and mine doesn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Answer the question, I will not let you tear the question apart. You know what it is. If not, go google the phrase and return to respond in context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or