Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 03:22 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I think it's more like people who actively seek in/engage in egalatarian relationships can't imagine one where their voice is not as important as their partner's.
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree that there are many men that have no idea on how to read a crowd. They just jump in hoping that all will fall into place then have to make a quick exit. And many never learn the first time around.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:04 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,044 times
The original post is yet another example of a person looking silly when he extrapolates his own anecdotal observations (if they're even accurately intrepreted) to most or all of society and relationships.

If the OP's statement was accurate (it's not) when applied to the general population, then there would probably be a heck of a lot more unhappy people out there.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:12 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
If the OP's statement was accurate (it's not) when applied to the general population, then there would probably be a heck of a lot more unhappy people out there.
Yes and I can imagine marriage would cease to exist. Pretty soon there would be no relationships either but just casual dates.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,115 times
Quote:

Not necessarily. What makes you happy may not make me happy.

Also , you are wrong overall.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:28 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
To the OP: Yes, I've definitely noticed it, but not just in the young couples. I've seen plenty of this also in the baby boomer couples. Haven't you ever heard, "If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy" Women dominating their husbands is the general state of things today, IMHO.

But this is not new. 40 years ago I was dating a young woman and would visit her at her parents house occasionally. Her father worked 2 jobs and grew some crops on the 40 acres they owned to pay for the house and the horses they owned. He was a total door mat. She would sit and watch TV while he would be out working in the barn feeding the horses. She had no job and every time I saw her she was watching TV. Occasionally he would come in and she would yell at him for something. He was probably the weakest man I ever met and she just walked all over him. I eventually saw that the young lady I was dating might well imitate her mother. We broke up.

Last edited by augiedogie; 11-07-2013 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 04:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
The original post is yet another example of a person looking silly when he extrapolates his own anecdotal observations (if they're even accurately intrepreted) to most or all of society and relationships.

I think I basically said the same thing 10000 posts ago, lol.

Considering the source is always best when it comes to these kinds of threads

Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
It makes sense what the OP writes. Men are expected to ask the lady out, plan the date, pay for the date and most of the following dates. If they get to bed, he better be good and have at least an average size "package." He will not be considered for marriage unless he makes about what she earns or more. He is expected to buy a nice ring and get on one knee to request her hand. When it comes to having children, she is free to decide if she will work or stay home, he is not although he could just as well do it as she could. So you can see how some men might ask, what is she contributing? since its all about making her happy. What am I getting out of this? More and more men are deciding to forego marriage, or look for wives outside the USA and it shows in the statistics. Now less than half of all adults are married and the percentages are dropping every year. And don't say its women that don't want to get married, although its certainly true in some cases. If you search you tube, there are lots of discussions about why men will not commit.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
It makes sense what the OP writes. Men are expected to ask the lady out, plan the date, pay for the date and most of the following dates. If they get to bed, he better be good and have at least an average size "package." He will not be considered for marriage unless he makes about what she earns or more. He is expected to buy a nice ring and get on one knee to request her hand. When it comes to having children, she is free to decide if she will work or stay home, he is not although he could just as well do it as she could. So you can see how some men might ask, what is she contributing? since its all about making her happy. What am I getting out of this? More and more men are deciding to forego marriage, or look for wives outside the USA and it shows in the statistics. Now less than half of all adults are married and the percentages are dropping every year. And don't say its women that don't want to get married, although its certainly true in some cases. If you search you tube, there are lots of discussions about why men will not commit.
Its funny how you get crickets when you state facts.. such as how men do most of the work.

Its clear as day what's going on and its VERY common. Most people who deny it are either men who are in one of these relationships but have too much pride and ego to admit it.. or women who are benefiting from this state of affairs.

People who don't want to see it simply don't WANT to see it. Willful ignorance as they call it.

Its no coincidence that the vast majority of women I've dated AND women my friends date try to control the relationship.. either directly or indirectly. Using sex as leverage is common practice. Sex is the big trump card for most men and when a woman withholds it.. the man "falls in line".

The ONLY reason this has never worked on me is because I will simply sleep with another woman. Its not that I'm domineering.. I just have a very low BS tolerance and won't have my needs held hostage.

The way I see it, all adult women know how to act polite, respectful and reasonable. They do it at work for their employers and they do it in the early stages of their relationships to hook the man. So if I'm aware that you know how to act and are choosing instead to be rude, nasty, petty and dramatic... I take it as disrespect/control/abuse and show you the door like there's no tomorrow.

Unfortunately I've had to do this often and it makes me wonder since most of the relationships that seem to "work" are those with passive men. Especially marriages.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM

I also think the main board for "Relationships" helps to prove my point.

Why so many men asking: How do I get a woman? What do women like? How do I get her back? What should I do? What is attractive to women? Why can't I get a woman? Why am I in the friend zone? How do I get out of the friend zone? Did I mess up? Do I have a chance with her???? etc.

YET there are so FEW threads by women asking similar questions. They exist.. but are much more rare. A very clear and obvious imbalance. Clear as day.

I repeat: CLEAR AS DAY.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Funny you say that I was at the mall a few months back and the guy opened the front door of the mall for a woman behind him it was not his GF as far as I could tell and she gave him the i can do it my self attitude did not say thanks nothing. Then older lady in her 50/60s that was behind her told the lady that is why you never get married with an attitude like that. It was funny thing to witness and see a girl in her 20/30 get called out.
I think that was horribly rude of the girl. I hold open the door if the person is close behind me, or if someone is carrying packages / has a baby, elderly, etc. It's common courtesy, and it is common courtesy to say thank you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships