U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 AM

31,664 posts, read 19,968,456 times

Advertisements

I'm just really happy that my husband is not such a delicate flower to consider opening car door and pulling out chairs as being dominated.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM

5,385 posts, read 6,527,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Well you can "disagree" that wheels are round, but that doesn't make it so.

It's not something to agree or disagree. There is no equality. Ever.
So if a woman that you hypothetically loved were to actually treat you as a full equal to her, there is still no such thing as equality? Even if she willingly and of her own free will were to do so?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,016,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm just really happy that my husband is not such a delicate flower to consider opening car door and pulling out chairs as being dominated.

Funny you say that I was at the mall a few months back and the guy opened the front door of the mall for a woman behind him it was not his GF as far as I could tell and she gave him the i can do it my self attitude did not say thanks nothing. Then older lady in her 50/60s that was behind her told the lady that is why you never get married with an attitude like that. It was funny thing to witness and see a girl in her 20/30 get called out.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,730,903 times
The OP must be looking for a ''Yes Sir'' woman type. If that's the case, ok then yes he can wait on his chair all day long or find a nun. No one likes being a slave to anyone nor to be bossed around.

It's about balancing things out in a relationship and working together as a team, not trying to feel like you're in control of the other.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:15 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,862,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's a great point. The outlook the OP has wouldn't work well in ANY type of relationship, such as work, family, or friends.
Yep. The only people for whom that can really work are those with absolute power and authority over everyone they encounter, such as dictators. Even then, they don't have real interpersonal relationships; they just have a bunch of people who are scared of them and interact accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
My approach is all about self respect. If respecting myself is wrong I don't want to be right
Self-respect is important (though I think you may be confusing self-respect and bravado here), but so is respecting others. It's not an either-or; you need both for healthy relationships.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
The OP must be looking for a ''Yes Sir'' woman type. If that's the case, ok then yes he can wait on his chair all day long or find a nun. No one likes being a slave to anyone nor to be bossed around.

It's about balancing things out in a relationship and working together as a team, not trying to feel like you're in control of the other.

I just wish woman would take control in the bedroom once and a while but other then that your 100% right.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:18 AM

709 posts, read 957,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The issue is that you will get flammed not matter what direction you take it because everyone wants to share the torch. The day that women start pulling out chairs for men, opening car doors, and changing my oil, then we can have a true discussion on dominance where you won't catch heat.... Until then, you will get heat from all the women defenders and equal rights groups.
That's my entire point. These days men are expected to submit and most do. They tell themselves they are 50/50 but in reality they have little say in their relationships and even less say when it comes to how their woman behaves.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,429,313 times
Submit to what, exactly? Can you provide an example of when a woman has asked you to submit?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 AM

Well I do not want to dominate a girl well just in the bedroom but outside it was to be 50/50 . Woman do how ever want a guy that is a good leader but in order to be a good leader you have to listen.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Submit to what, exactly? Can you provide an example of when a woman has asked you to submit?

Trying to get a guy to commitment is the only one i can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or