U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,433,828 times

Advertisements

How does a woman "get a guy to committment" and how is that domineering, exactly? Can you give an example of something that a girlfriend has done to you?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,865,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
These days men are expected to submit and most do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Submit to what, exactly? Can you provide an example of when a woman has asked you to submit?
Yeah, I need a source here, too. What exactly do you mean, OP? I can only think of one girlfriend out of dozens who wanted to control me. I dumped her-- Problem solved! This isn't something I generally encounter with women I date, so I'm not sure how your experience has been so different.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:41 AM

709 posts, read 958,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
The issue is that you will get flammed not matter what direction you take it because everyone wants to share the torch. The day that women start pulling out chairs for men, opening car doors, and changing my oil, then we can have a true discussion on dominance where you won't catch heat.... Until then, you will get heat from all the women defenders and equal rights groups.
That's my entire point. These days men are expected to submit and most do. They tell themselves they are 50/50 but in reality they have little say in their relationships and even less say when it comes to how their woman behaves.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,865,001 times
Quote:
These days men are expected to submit and most do.
Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it any more true. Please tell us, specifically, how men are expected to submit to women?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 AM

21,188 posts, read 21,019,424 times
Quote:
That's my entire point. These days men are expected to submit and most do. They tell themselves they are 50/50 but in reality they have little say in their relationships and even less say when it comes to how their woman behaves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it any more true. Please tell us, specifically, how men are expected to submit to women?
I agree. And in what ways are men supposed to have a say in how their women behave?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,206,287 times
Quote:

They have control and a say in their relationship unless they signed away their freewill.

And why should they have a say how "their woman" behaves? He doesn't own her. If he doesn't like the way she acts he is 100% free to talk to her about it, and if it doesn't change (and if he is unreasonable, I hope she doesnt' change) to leave the relationship. He has complete control of HIS actions.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 AM

54 posts, read 103,202 times
I'm a woman but I side eye when a girl has to defend how his boyfriend or husband is not a henpecked one. I know a woman who always says his husband is not a henpecked husband and that he does what he wants and that at home he does what he is good at and she does the rest. When you read how she explained it you can see he does only what she let him to do. She might say "he is responsible of the technology and iron the clothes and I do the cleaning" then she'll tell you that she hates ironing the clothes and she is horrible with technology so at the end of the day she is a dominant woman who only let her husband do what she doesn't want to do. And the same happen when she explains why her husband don't go to some places when she doesn't go or why he can't do anything without her permission.

I'm all down for powerful and woman who have a word in their relationships but there are women that treat their men like clowns.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,018,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
How does a woman "get a guy to committment" and how is that domineering, exactly? Can you give an example of something that a girlfriend has done to you?

I was just saying to the only way a guy will summit to a woman is to commit to her it not a bad thing the the only example when a guy will summit to her. It is not domineering in anyway but a guy still has the fainal say if he wants to be with her no one has a gun to a guys head.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,320,210 times
I think the OP is a closet masochist, in the BDSM sense. He wants a woman to dominate him and force him to submit to her every whim. He is hoping to convince himself that all relationships work that way.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:01 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,206,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think the OP is a closet masochist, in the BDSM sense. He wants a woman to dominate him and force him to submit to her every whim. He is hoping to convince himself that all relationships work that way.

Haha, maybe. If they did though there wouldn't be so many dominatrix's making a good living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or