Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:27 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,647,568 times

Advertisements

Yes!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM

12,955 posts, read 9,609,859 times
like a fine wine, it gets better with age.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:32 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,950,299 times
I am beyond I am over 35 (slightly). I am married. I have known and been with my wife for years.

I still get that giddy feeling.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM

896 posts, read 1,175,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
As you've read on the previous page, people still get giddy. From my perspective, things in me changed drastically, so the allure and giddy feeling I got and enjoyed from many women just seemed to fizzle out as I aged. During my über young teeny years, I got giddy over any women I could bed. As I aged, I found less and less women attractive, especially the younger ones.

It's not that my "standards" got higher, it's that I learned how most women just don't appeal to me due to how we don't share anything in common. By age 45, I'd just stopped looking at women, thought I had low testosterone, the hormones in the meat and GMO foods I'm eating, or something, had caused me to lose my sex drive, so all women, even Penelope Cruz, Monica Bellucci, and Leonor Watling just lost their beguiling wiles over me.

Then one dark day, a woman began reaching out to me. I desperately tried to convince that she needed to exercise better judgement, come on girls, it's me! She finishes my sentences, I hers, and she shares common core beliefs, which go against everything society embraces. I was struck stupid, put in a stupor, and I find myself giddy as thought I'm some 12 year old girl at a boy band concert, and thus far, I've only talked to her on the phone.

I honestly didn't think a woman could ever have that effect on me again. I suspect getting giddy is not as common when people age because of cynicism, realistic beliefs, and such keeps the fantasy bubble deflated, but when it does strike, it makes one just as weak kneed, butterflies, and giddy as years gone by, but it's exponentially more felt due to no longer living on dreamy feelings that seemingly controlled youth.

Well, at least those were my experiences.

Thanks for reading,
bolillo

48 year old male
Great post, Thank you for taking the time out to give a concrete answer instead of simply saying "yes."

Old 11-08-2013, 10:37 AM

896 posts, read 1,175,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I'm 45 I've been so hesitant to let that giddy feeling roll in case it was not reciprocated. I really need a little buttering up---I need to see that he has potential to be giddy over me. I'm starting to sense, however, that men want to get that same sense, so I'm starting to work on my flirting without giving up my heart.
Good point. Do people get more cautious as they age?

Old 11-08-2013, 02:31 PM

645 posts, read 1,273,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Meet her ASAP. right now. today.
That would really be nice, and I get a warm glow just thinking about it, but realistically in today's society, I know that I'm emotionally bankrupted and I have nothing to offer.

Notwithstanding, "giddy" feelings do happen well after the age of 35.

Thanks for the words of encouragement,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Considering morose words seemingly leap from my keyboard, I sure make a lot of mistakes.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:59 PM

4,038 posts, read 2,699,946 times
Great posts and so encouraging!

I can also speak from experience and tell you that YES, the "magic" still happens.... I have recently started seeing a man and it has been electric. Oh, I am 45 by the way....

Old 11-08-2013, 02:59 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,590,339 times
I can still get giddiness after 35. It's just not unrestrained to the point of utter stupidity like it was at age 15 or 20. This is a good thing.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:35 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,734,774 times
Yes. In fact, I'm surprised by how giddy and magical my current relationship feels - it took me by surprise!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,609,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Yep!!!
Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships