Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 05:53 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times

Advertisements

Jist treat it like a businesses transaction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 06:07 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Let me clarify: I don't oppose the compilation of lists, though one does hope that lists are merely guides or casual expression of sentiment, and not essential criteria. I don't in the least oppose the expectation that one's partner would be a self-sufficient, responsible individual. Quite the contrary - I expect such standards, and would regard negatively a women who does not value such things in her partner.

What I do oppose is the conflation of superficial attributes such as an evenly-shaven face and a full complement of cookware, with individual responsibility, maturity and career success. I DO very much enjoy when a woman is proud of my workplace success, and I do crave a partnership where she as an individual would be equally successful. But what infuriates me is if she peremptorily dismisses me from consideration because I cut a slovenly figure or lack the accouterments supposedly expected of my station in life.

Consider the example of the Spartan king, who leads a donkey laden with firewood down some mountain path, himself wearing rags and leaning on a crooked walking-stick. He looks like a destitute peasant. But in actuality he's a hardened warrior, a veteran leader, a stentorian orator, a wise negotiator, an empathetic mentor. Would you marry this man? I mean, his feet smell, and he probably has gingivitis. Well? What sort of figure does he cut?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Uh, we are talking about what career women want in a partner.
This career woman has three requirements:

Job.
Sanity.
Teeth.

I live in West Virginia, and yes, I am single.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
Gather 10 crack head you got a full set !!! √√

Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 PM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
I just passed a test and am getting a certificate from the U.S. Government and EPA that will rival any college diploma. Even better than my DD 217 and various other things.

$$$ Show Me the MONEY!!! $$$ - YouTube

I'll date career women......

Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM

348 posts, read 498,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
Hey City Data!

Are there any career/ professional women on this board? What do you look for in guys?

Looking for self improvement tips here!!

I am a professional myself and want to be more competitive in the dating scene
Nothing. I'm focusing on my career and don't feel like f*cking it up with a man.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 PM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow bear View Post
Nothing. I'm focusing on my career and don't feel like f*cking it up with a man.
Till you find the right man who will sweep you off your feet.

Best found when you are not looking or trying at all.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:27 PM

105 posts, read 127,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What is it that you are looking for in a woman and what about yourself do you feel needs improvement?
I would say I am really looking for someone on equal footing career wise, I have worked very hard to achieve a wonderful career position at my age in the mid twenties. Looks wise I am not looking for a model, but more of a normal/cute type

Improvement wise, sure I could go to the gym more etc. But I already have many city data pros such as height, good career, confidence, outgoing personality....mostly i think i actually mostly need to just go out and put myself out there more. ?
[/quote]

Old 11-08-2013, 10:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Let me clarify: I don't oppose the compilation of lists, though one does hope that lists are merely guides or casual expression of sentiment, and not essential criteria. I don't in the least oppose the expectation that one's partner would be a self-sufficient, responsible individual. Quite the contrary - I expect such standards, and would regard negatively a women who does not value such things in her partner.

What I do oppose is the conflation of superficial attributes such as an evenly-shaven face and a full complement of cookware, with individual responsibility, maturity and career success. I DO very much enjoy when a woman is proud of my workplace success, and I do crave a partnership where she as an individual would be equally successful. But what infuriates me is if she peremptorily dismisses me from consideration because I cut a slovenly figure or lack the accouterments supposedly expected of my station in life.

Consider the example of the Spartan king, who leads a donkey laden with firewood down some mountain path, himself wearing rags and leaning on a crooked walking-stick. He looks like a destitute peasant. But in actuality he's a hardened warrior, a veteran leader, a stentorian orator, a wise negotiator, an empathetic mentor. Would you marry this man? I mean, his feet smell, and he probably has gingivitis. Well? What sort of figure does he cut?
Alright, your highness .

It might not be about station in life so much as depression. Have you looked into that?

At least, that is what would make me leery, about the unkempt house and stuff. I don't give a shyte about impressing the Joneses.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 PM

105 posts, read 127,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I can only speak for this "career woman" and not all but I see these things as important:

I fit the bill!! I'm thinking if you and I got to talking, I may have a good shot. great feedback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships