Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:47 PM

105 posts, read 127,142 times

Advertisements

Hey City Data!

Are there any career/ professional women on this board? What do you look for in guys?

Looking for self improvement tips here!!

I am a professional myself and want to be more competitive in the dating scene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
There are actually quite a few very accomplished women on this forum.

However, I suggest you ask the women in your life right now how they see you and what they think you can do to increase your chances of attracting the kind of women you are interested in.

After all, they know you, we do not

Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 AM

36,513 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
Hey City Data!

Are there any career/ professional women on this board? What do you look for in guys?

What is it that you are looking for in a woman and what about yourself do you feel needs improvement?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There are actually quite a few very accomplished women on this forum.

However, I suggest you ask the women in your life right now how they see you and what they think you can do to increase your chances of attracting the kind of women you are interested in.

After all, they know you, we do not
Excellent answer LM!

OP, we know nothing about your personality, career, mannerisms, dating record, etc. Best people to ask are those in your circle--friends, family, siblings. Ask them to be brutally honest and consider it constructive.

Not all women want the same things in men so I don't know if the answers you're seeking will be found here.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:52 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Hey City Data!

Here is a tip: as a professional, don't get too hung up on love initially. Date as much as you can and bear in mind that a professional woman can be focused on her duties and has many responsibilities. She may give you the back-burn from time to time and you must adjust and act accordingly. You must be on her level in terms of intellect, passion, grind, and be able to accompany her on her dinner events and hold your own on any given topic.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 AM

709 posts, read 1,130,205 times
Most career women don't have time to be good partners. They are usually best for friends with benefits arrangements as they are always "busy". Try to have higher standards. Career women often value money and power over relationships.

Don't confuse job with career though. Very different things.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:16 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,162,696 times
i like a man who works with his hands...something manly like a skilled trade. i find it to be a great balance.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:27 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Hey City Data!

Interestingly enough, I know a few women who do really well, as in 200K+. Ok. They're doctors.

And a couple of them (not most) have slid on the career requirement for their partner and take less than an average woman might.

Because even if the guy turns out to be a total shm@ck, they can still easily take care of themselves and their children very comfortably. We're talking working part time and still being able to provide full time, quality nanny/day care.

A little snapshot from real life.

Or, if by career, you mean anybody who has any dinky college degree and goes to work in an office, mostly everybody does that.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
There’s an undercurrent in this thread dismissive of the possibility of a “power couple”: two people highly-accomplished in their careers, who get married or otherwise form a steady relationship. Instead, typically one reads on these forums about women with good careers who marry men with inferior earning potential or career-prestige, or materialistically conniving women aiming to snag wealthy men. Either the male is downtrodden and neutered by a domineering female, or he’s the “alpha” with arm-candy. Why no middle ground?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
There’s an undercurrent in this thread dismissive of the possibility of a “power couple”: two people highly-accomplished in their careers, who get married or otherwise form a steady relationship. Instead, typically one reads on these forums about women with good careers who marry men with inferior earning potential or career-prestige, or materialistically conniving women aiming to snag wealthy men. Either the male is downtrodden and neutered by a domineering female, or he’s the “alpha” with arm-candy. Why no middle ground?

There's a lot of middle ground.

The point is that when people date, they have a mental (or possibly actual saved in Excel) checklist, replete with point values.

So, when a woman marries a man with $, he might not be the most handsome. If he brings better looks to the table, then he won't have to make as much $. Etc.

So, your middle ground is two people with equal looks, and equal career and education. Wonderful. Just like [whoever stuck us on this world] planned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships