Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 12:40 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,256,410 times

Advertisements

So if many of you are following my threads, I'm dating a co-worker. As many of you are aware he is constantly asking me out and I have blown him off repeatedly because I was not comfortable in some of the situations that he invited me to. For instance going out with him and his brothers, or taking his cousins trick or treating and meeting his aunts and parents along the way. I really am shy so I didnt want to meet any of his family. Besides he and I have known each other a little over a month. It felt too soon. Recently he asked me to join him tomorrow night and have drinks with him and his boys so that I can see him outside of his element. There will be 7 of them. I honestly don't want to meet his friends. I mean me and his 7 guy friends? But I know that he really wants me to come and that I've been blowing him off thus far so I reluctantly agreed. Being that I am incredibly shy, how do I make tomorrow night not awkward. I know his friends are going to be judging me. And can anyone give me insight on why a 26 year old man would want me to hang out with him and 7 of his guy friends at a bar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,971,619 times
If you are blowing him off, how are you considered dating?

Sounds like he is trying to impress you by showing you he has a lot of friends. Which is pretty funny.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
If you are blowing him off, how are you considered dating?

Sounds like he is trying to impress you by showing you he has a lot of friends. Which is pretty funny.
I meant I blow him off whenever he asks me to do anything with large groups of people other than himself which has been a lot lately.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,971,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I meant I blow him off whenever he asks me to do anything with large groups of people other than himself which has been a lot lately.
Sounds like he's trying to take the relationship further, but your shyness is preventing this which will eventually lead to break up.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,879,979 times
Quote:
So if many of you are following my threads, I'm dating a co-worker. As many of you are aware he is constantly asking me out and I have blown him off repeatedly because I was not comfortable in some of the situations that he invited me to. For instance going out with him and his brothers, or taking his cousins trick or treating and meeting his aunts and parents along the way. I really am shy so I didnt want to meet any of his family. Besides he and I have known each other a little over a month. It felt too soon. Recently he asked me to join him tomorrow night and have drinks with him and his boys so that I can see him outside of his element. There will be 7 of them. I honestly don't want to meet his friends. I mean me and his 7 guy friends? But I know that he really wants me to come and that I've been blowing him off thus far so I reluctantly agreed. Being that I am incredibly shy, how do I make tomorrow night not awkward. I know his friends are going to be judging me. And can anyone give me insight on why a 26 year old man would want me to hang out with him and 7 of his guy friends at a bar?
Get drunk!! Have fun!!!

Probably wants to show you off to his Buddies. It's a compliment

Old 11-07-2013, 12:54 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,737,208 times
I thought you decided not to date this guy. Or is there another guy now which is also a co worker?

Jesus, so much damn drama. You seriously can't relax and have fun.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,879,979 times
Quote:
Wait! Wait!

You "blow him off whenever he asks you....even in large groups???!!!"

....and yet, you're shy?

Am I missing something or are you overly using the derogatory slang "blow" too too much?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Wait! Wait!

You "blow him off whenever he asks you....even in large groups???!!!"

....and yet, you're shy?

Am I missing something or are you overly using the derogatory slang "blow" too too much?
I meant when he asks me to hang out with a large group of people that are family or friends I blow him off. I'm too awkward.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I thought you decided not to date this guy. Or is there another guy now which is also a co worker?

Jesus, so much damn drama. You seriously can't relax and have fun.
I'm still dating him and that's mean to say. I can relax and have fun but I'm really shy is it that difficult for people to understand? As a shy person it is hard for me to loosen up. Men make me uncomfortable as it is. And these are like frat boy type of guys. Ugh is there anyone shy on the board who can give me tips so that I'm not awkward and quiet.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,737,208 times
Quote:
I'm still dating him and that's mean to say. I can relax and have fun but I'm really shy is it that difficult for people to understand? As a shy person it is hard for me to loosen up. Men make me uncomfortable as it is. And these are like frat boy type of guys. Ugh is there anyone shy on the board who can give me tips so that I'm not awkward and quiet.

Last thing I read you decided NOT to date him because of commitment issues. I guess that got ironed out quickly.

Seems like a lot of damn drama. How would men make you uncomfortable? We're 50% of the people out there, you've been dealing with us for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships