Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 07:30 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

It appears she wants another chance, I am guessing she was wanting to further show she was ill. While gross, it might be worth a second chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM

826 posts, read 1,893,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
I met her online, got her number pretty quickly. We planned to grab a couple drinks on Wednesday night. When I told her I was on my way she wrote back that she was still at work, forgot about our meeting and was having a terrible day. She seemed really stressed & apologetic.

The next day she texted me and told me she was sick. She said something along the lines of "good thing we didn't meet last night, I would of gotten you sick." I told her to feel better.

Today she sent me a picture of her nasty throat to "prove" that she's sick . Trust me, it's nasty. I'm confused, She's really attractive and normal looking in her pictures and her profile is put together well. Could she be messing with me? Am I overreacting? should I be creeped out?

I don't even know how to respond. She seemed really normal before that picture.
The real question is, Will you be able to get past the nasty pic and still give her a chance?
Some people won't be able to get past that and will mark the person down for oversharing like that. Others will. What will you do?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
I met her online, got her number pretty quickly. We planned to grab a couple drinks on Wednesday night. When I told her I was on my way she wrote back that she was still at work, forgot about our meeting and was having a terrible day. She seemed really stressed & apologetic.

The next day she texted me and told me she was sick. She said something along the lines of "good thing we didn't meet last night, I would of gotten you sick." I told her to feel better.

Today she sent me a picture of her nasty throat to "prove" that she's sick . Trust me, it's nasty. I'm confused, She's really attractive and normal looking in her pictures and her profile is put together well. Could she be messing with me? Am I overreacting? should I be creeped out?

Are you sure it was a pic of her throat?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:55 AM

231 posts, read 294,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
The real question is, Will you be able to get past the nasty pic and still give her a chance?
Some people won't be able to get past that and will mark the person down for oversharing like that. Others will. What will you do?
We've been texting, she seems fine, and I'm okay with it now.

I must admit I was startled in the beginning though.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:14 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Grossed out, maybe and maybe a little taken aback because she felt the need to prove she was sick. But that's not really creepy in my book.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:21 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Plus, she wrote 'would of' instead of 'would have'! She is indeed creepy.
But he didn't flinch at that, either.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I think it's gross but not creepy. She probably really likes you and thought she needed to prove she was sick so you wouldn't give up on her.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
She is who she is. Accept it or move on.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:04 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like she is sick. I would not be creeped out, I would give her a little time to recover and go from there.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Meet her when she has recovered. What do you have to lose??

There is so many flakes and liars out there, she wanted to prove she isn't one of them. How else can you prove you have a sore throat if not with a nasty pic?

So even thought he pic was gross, she is honest, really wants to see you and I would give her credit for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships