Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 PM

231 posts, read 294,562 times

Advertisements

I met her online, got her number pretty quickly. We planned to grab a couple drinks on Wednesday night. When I told her I was on my way she wrote back that she was still at work, forgot about our meeting and was having a terrible day. She seemed really stressed & apologetic.

The next day she texted me and told me she was sick. She said something along the lines of "good thing we didn't meet last night, I would of gotten you sick." I told her to feel better.

Today she sent me a picture of her nasty throat to "prove" that she's sick . Trust me, it's nasty. I'm confused, She's really attractive and normal looking in her pictures and her profile is put together well. Could she be messing with me? Am I overreacting? should I be creeped out?

I don't even know how to respond. She seemed really normal before that picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 04:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Okay that's gross.

If she has no shame or social etiquette now, when you haven't even met her yet, what do you suspect it will be like when you all are dating?

Turn OFF

Old 11-08-2013, 04:36 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,509 times
I cant see any reason to be creeped out based on what you posted. I dont think she has done anything even close to abnormal. In fact, I cant even understand why you are posting? You met a girl, she got sick and is updating you, presumably because she is interested and doesnt want to blow you off because she inconvienently got sick.????????

Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
She had other men she was dating. How can you forget a date??

Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,144 times
Who cares? It might be weird, but I was expecting worse than that. Just give her a chance and see how it goes so far.

The part when she said she forgot about the date... Really? I would have been pissed if she texted last minute that she couldn't meet up while you're just about to be there. Yeah, forgive once.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
stressful work day maybe. I'm pretty sure she wasn't on a date

Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Sounds to me that she is a little insecure and sent you a picture to show you that she wasn't blowing you off. I'd let her know it looks bad and thank her for not getting you sick.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I've done it. You get so wrapped up in what you're doing that you forget the time, or you're tired and exhausted and all you've thought about all day is going home. Halfway there you remember, "oh, I was supposed to be somewhere."

The picture is gross and odd, but I can see how she'd think that it was proof that she actually was sick and not just blowing you off. Maybe her medicine is making her loopy--that could excuse the lack of good judgement.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM

324 posts, read 441,022 times
Throat infection huh ? Hmm what was she doing ...lol

Old 11-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
I cant see any reason to be creeped out based on what you posted. I dont think she has done anything even close to abnormal. In fact, I cant even understand why you are posting? You met a girl, she got sick and is updating you, presumably because she is interested and doesnt want to blow you off because she inconvienently got sick.????????
but does she really need my date that bad? I feel like a normal attractive women would just hope the guy believed her & move on if he didn't. besides, that gross image is going to be in my mind if/when I meet her..not exactly a smart play on her part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships