Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:06 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times

Advertisements

Well if you're not going to become a woman, make sure you are serious about committing to a woman (cis or trans) as a man, else you'll become miserable and the marriage will fail anyway. It would be wrong to enter into a marriage under those kind of pretenses without full disclosure.

Also if you do plan on transitioning, do it young as the results are generally better and you won't have to miss out on being a young woman.

Actually my dream and my goal IS to date a man (with full disclosure). I have vowed not to do that until my journey is complete and I'm fine single. What else besides your views on abortion would prevent me from dating a man? Um...some very religious, Republican, heavy smoker or heavy drinker, possessiveness, unhealthy jealousy, someone afraid of change, arrogance, animal cruelty, someone who takes themselves too seriously and while I don't care about looks, I would not want to date a slob. I have a laundry list LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
1. Well if you're not going to become a woman,

2. make sure you are serious about committing to a woman (cis or trans) as a man, else you'll become miserable and the marriage will fail anyway. It would be wrong to enter into a marriage under those kind of pretenses without full disclosure.

3. Also if you do plan on transitioning, do it young as the results are generally better and you won't have to miss out on being a young woman.

4. Actually my dream and my goal IS to date a man (with full disclosure).

5. I have vowed not to do that until my journey is complete and I'm fine single.

6. What else besides your views on abortion would prevent me from dating a man? Um...some very religious, Republican, heavy smoker or heavy drinker, possessiveness, unhealthy jealousy, someone afraid of change, arrogance, animal cruelty, someone who takes themselves too seriously and while I don't care about looks, I would not want to date a slob. I have a laundry list LOL.
1. Well, I might become a woman later on (as in several decades or even later than this, if my cryogenic preservation and future revival plans are successful), but probably not yet.

2. Will do. If she is cool with me getting castrated, getting all of my body hair (except on the top of my head) permanently removed, and me cross-dressing (sometimes, not always), then I think that I can survive as a man for another several decades without too much trouble.

3. Well, if I am cryogenically preserved and revived later on, then I will eventually become young again (bodily-wise), since at that point in time, we will probably be able to stop and to reverse the aging process.

Anyway, since I am gender-fluid (as opposed to being trans-gender, such as yourself), I don't want to rush into this. I don't want to "overreach", if you will, and to get a full sex change without fully being prepared for it, and thus to regret it later on. Thus, I'd probably rather be "safe" and to make my body more feminine and to cross-dress while still remaining a biological male for the time being rather than be a woman. Personally, I am simply not much of a risk-taker, and thus, I will probably prefer to think over my future plans for a sex change for several decades while still remaining a biological male (except without any testicles and sperm and who looks feminine). Hopefully I successfully get cryogenically preserved and then get revived later on, though. That way, I will still be able to fulfill and to implement any current desires which I have in regards to this which I am willing to delay for now.

4. Would a gender-fluid castrated man who got rid of almost all of his body hair count as a "man" for you?

By full disclosure, I am assuming that you mean in regards to your own sex change, correct?

5. This is probably a good move on your part.

6. Well, I don't fit into any of these things, though I did reluctantly vote for Romney in 2012 (I am a registered Democrat, though) and I could be a bit of a slob even though I try my hardest not to be one (I'm sorry, but I just have a weak spot for food).

Just curious, though--would you be willing to date a politically anti-abortion man (and/or woman; you previously said that you are bisexual, so yeah)?

Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Futurist you sure write a lot lol.

The reality is that I don't see cryogenic preservation as anything that might happen in our lifetime. I don't think I'd like that idea anyway.

Yes I am bisexual (technically). However my desire to be with females was more to do with wanting to be them. I can admire their beauty and prefer their company as friends, but romantic relationships are a different thing. A woman cannot really make me feel complete or feminine as a man could. I would date another woman casually but would prefer a LTR with a man, but only when I have completed my journey. And I'm sorry if this sounds weird coming from a transgender female, but I would want a man, not a castrated man or a man who crossdresses. I am attracted to masculinity, as in the Alexander Skarsgård or Charlie Hunnam variety. That's not to say we couldn't be friends and that we wouldn't be able to relete to one another, but when it comes to love and attraction I am fairly picky.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:57 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
1. Futurist you sure write a lot lol.

2. The reality is that I don't see cryogenic preservation as anything that might happen in our lifetime.

3. I don't think I'd like that idea anyway.

4. Yes I am bisexual (technically). However my desire to be with females was more to do with wanting to be them. I can admire their beauty and prefer their company as friends, but romantic relationships are a different thing. A woman cannot really make me feel complete or feminine as a man could. I would date another woman casually but would prefer a LTR with a man, but only when I have completed my journey. And I'm sorry if this sounds weird coming from a transgender female, but I would want a man, not a castrated man or a man who crossdresses. I am attracted to masculinity, as in the Alexander Skarsgård or Charlie Hunnam variety. That's not to say we couldn't be friends and that we wouldn't be able to relete to one another, but when it comes to love and attraction I am fairly picky.
1. Thanks! I am sometimes very talkative, so yeah.

2. It is already an option right now. The question here is whether or not it will succeed at the time of our death and cryopreservation (which would occur immediately after one's death if one decides to get it done).

3. Why not? After all, isn't a chance of coming back to life later on and living for an additional several hundred/thousand(/million?) years in extremely good health better than permanently stopping to exist?

4. Thank you very much for your extreme honesty here.

And for the record, thank you very much for saying that if I go down this route (castration and/or cross-dressing), then I won't be a real "man" anymore (I'm not being sarcastic here). After all, I don't really want to be a real "man" even if I will remain a biological male for the time being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships