Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
What exactly do you mean by "a dream"? No, this is something which I think and hope could seriously (potentially) happen in the future. You could say that this is a dream of mine in the same sense that many individuals dream to eventually become rich and/or et cetera and then seriously do it, if you get what I mean. Seriously, though, I am genuinely extremely interested in the idea of me getting a sex change in the (probably far(ther)) future and thus, I have sometimes flirted with (eventually) making this idea/proposal into reality.
I meant like a dream to have/become something that you know is unlikely. We all have dreams, so in that sense. But, I had no idea it was even medically feasible for a man in the near future (this or the next few life times), let alone having the monies to manifest it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I have no experience in anything like this, and I do not understand it, but I would say treat him/her like a person. You wonder about talking about political views and all of that..... different people have different views.

My SO and I have differing views and I tend to not talk about it much unless I want to get into a debate. Neither of us are very political, but that is what happens.

If you are ok with what she is then just behave that way and treat her as you wish to be treated.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:29 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
For the record, it's not a mental illness. It sounds like your family member has other issues too. Most transgender people are normal people that work, go to school, pay bills. This kind of stigma is unnecessary.

What mind altering chemicals are you referring to? Hormones?

I appreciate that it must be hard for families too, but would they rather see a person continue to suffer?
Normal... No.
Mental lillness... Not one which has been defined by the medical community, but not exactly what you would call "mentally stable".
I don't know hat "stigma" you are referring to....

And yes I was referring to the hormones... We've all seen women "raging" in menopause etc.... Do that kind of hormone dump into a Male body and.... It's unpleasant.

As for continuation of suffering... They still do. I Get to play shrink/sympathetic shoulder when "she" gets all regretful about what "she" has done. (far less than 50% of the time to head off your "it may not of been the right thing" comment.... But the suffering does NOT stop.)
For anyone involved.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:08 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
You misunderstood my position here.

I am expressing two different views here:

1. If one considers prenatal human beings to be persons and thinks that they deserve (legal) rights (this is my position on this issue), then females should at least generally not be allowed to get abortions, while males (and females) should at least generally (males can get raped as well) be forced to pay child support.

2. If one does not consider prenatal human beings to be persons and does not think that they deserve (legal) rights (or at least not before a specific point in their development; this could be the position of my date/some of my dates on this issue), then females should at least generally be allowed to get abortions, while males should have at least some sort of opt-out from paying child support (such as signing an agreement and/or signing a legal contract with the woman before sex, et cetera).

If you will look at the logical principles which this video has/presents (you can look at the description of this video on YouTube as well):
Well I was already done with this thread with the initial post () but that^ right there is just icing on the cake. OP, you really take the cake, dude.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Also, I would prefer to have a female body, since I want to (hopefully) eventually get pregnant, to have a nicer body, to look hot/sexually attractive, to have my body permanently stop producing sperm, to permanently get rid of all of the hair on my body except for some of the hair on my face and head, et cetera. As a side note, I think that my body could genuinely look pretty hot (or perhaps even extremely hot) in my honest opinion if it were a female body, with no hair, a female exterior, et cetera.

Holy crap. Now how in the hell is someone supposed to think that a person has no emotional or mental issues, when they say something like that?

Yikes. It's a weird strange world out there.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:45 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I meant like a dream to have/become something that you know is unlikely. We all have dreams, so in that sense. But, I had no idea it was even medically feasible for a man in the near future (this or the next few life times), let alone having the monies to manifest it.
Well, considering that many trans-women genuinely and/or passionately want to become pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if successful cases of trans-women becoming and being pregnant appear over the next several decades with the advances in medical technology over time. This could perhaps initially involve things such as uterus transplants and effective anti-rejection drugs/medicine.

Can A Man Really Get Pregnant? Sure, But It Might Kill Him

Also, as per my link above, it appears that even biological males (rather than trans-woman who previously had biologically male bodies) could eventually become pregnant.

As for the money involved, I don't know how much this will cost and/or whether one's insurance/et cetera will cover it, but as with many other things, it will probably become cheaper over time.

As for "the next few life times" comment of yours, technology can and often does develop extremely rapidly over the course of a "few life times". Heck, a "few life times" ago, all human beings were still living in the pre-Industrial Era, so yeah. Also, for the record, there is a thing called cryogenic preservation which might successfully work in the future, and I want to get this done on/to myself if I'll have enough money to do this.

(Prepares to get criticized, ridiculed, and/or shamed for embracing futuristic technology.)

Old 11-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have no experience in anything like this, and I do not understand it, but I would say treat him/her like a person. You wonder about talking about political views and all of that..... different people have different views.

My SO and I have differing views and I tend to not talk about it much unless I want to get into a debate. Neither of us are very political, but that is what happens.

If you are ok with what she is then just behave that way and treat her as you wish to be treated.
Thank you very much for your advice in regards to this. Yeah, in regards to trans-women, political views wouldn't really be a deal-breaker for me (except in extreme cases), but I am not sure if this would be the same for any future date(s) (who are trans-women) which I will have.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well I was already done with this thread with the initial post () but that^ right there is just icing on the cake. OP, you really take the cake, dude.
Is there a problem with the way that logic and logical principles were utilized here?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Well, considering that many trans-women genuinely and/or passionately want to become pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if successful cases of trans-women becoming and being pregnant appear over the next several decades with the advances in medical technology over time. This could perhaps initially involve things such as uterus transplants and effective anti-rejection drugs/medicine.

Can A Man Really Get Pregnant? Sure, But It Might Kill Him

Also, as per my link above, it appears that even biological males (rather than trans-woman who previously had biologically male bodies) could eventually become pregnant.

As for the money involved, I don't know how much this will cost and/or whether one's insurance/et cetera will cover it, but as with many other things, it will probably become cheaper over time.

As for "the next few life times" comment of yours, technology can and often does develop extremely rapidly over the course of a "few life times". Heck, a "few life times" ago, all human beings were still living in the pre-Industrial Era, so yeah. Also, for the record, there is a thing called cryogenic preservation which might successfully work in the future, and I want to get this done on/to myself if I'll have enough money to do this.

(Prepares to get criticized, ridiculed, and/or shamed for embracing futuristic technology.)
I'm not going to criticize you. I just don't think it will happen as quickly, with med technology that is safe, as you may hope. If there is not a money making market to drive the research it could easily stall. Who knows.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Holy crap. Now how in the hell is someone supposed to think that a person has no emotional or mental issues, when they say something like that?

Yikes. It's a weird strange world out there.
Oh No, wanting to eventually get pregnant, et cetera is so bad (especially from the perspective who is actually currently able to get pregnant)!

Trans-phobic much?

For the record, though, as I might have previously said and/or implied, I am willing to delay/postpone any plans which I might have and/or develop in regards to this for the duration of my marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships