Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 AM

16 posts, read 26,232 times

Advertisements

My grandmother died last week. My granparents had been married for 59 years.

Everyone knows my grandfather has kept a mistress for the past 12 years. She lives in an apartment he pays for, he bought her a car and gives her an allowance every month.

To everyone's astonishment, she showed up at my grandmother's funeral to give him her support. No one could believe their eyes. My father and uncles were furious and quickly told my grandfather that he was either telling her to go away or they would drag her out by her hair.

There was another woman there who had been my grandpa's mistress about 40 years ago and by who he had another son. My father and uncles tolerated her out of respect for their half brother.

But how did that women had the nerve to show up without being invited? Especially when my grandfather is devastated, the last thing he needed was a scandal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinsG43 View Post

Everyone knows my grandfather has kept a mistress for the past 12 years. She lives in an apartment he pays for, he bought her a car and gives her an allowance every month.

To everyone's astonishment, she showed up at my grandmother's funeral to give him her support. No one could believe their eyes. My father and uncles were furious and quickly told my grandfather that he was either telling her to go away or they would drag her out by her hair.

There was another woman there who had been my grandpa's mistress about 40 years ago and by who he had another son. My father and uncles tolerated her out of respect for their half brother.

But how did that women had the nerve to show up without being invited? Especially when my grandfather is devastated, the last thing he needed was a scandal.

Well, I don't see how anyone can feel bad for a scumbag. haha

Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
My father's mistress showed up for what she thought was a Christmas party at my father's house and discovered it was actually an engagement party for the other woman he had on the side. (Three overlapped each other).

Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, I don't see how anyone can feel bad for a scumbag. haha
He's still my grandfather.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My father's mistress showed up for what she thought was a Christmas party at my father's house and discovered it was actually an engagement party for the other woman he had on the side. (Three overlapped each other).
That's insane!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:00 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
That's insane!
Isn't it?

We used to laugh that a lot of men can't even get a date, much less a relationship, or just one other person, and he got three all at once.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:04 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:

I feel bad for your grandma.

Such disrespect. At her funeral? On both their parts. Especially the mistress.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
I have seen this happen on numerous occasions in my own family. One such person was actually a pastor of a church when he passed away, and two of his mistresses showed up. People in the know were ticked off and all that, but honestly I felt why shouldn't they come and pay their respects? Why shouldn't they be allowed to mourn at a funeral for someone they cared about? I know the wife of the deceased may have strong feelings about it and rightfully so, but there wouldn't have been a mistress to begin with if the husband she is crying over, didn't break his vows and cheat. And in spite of the wrong the mistress did, she may still have strong feelings for this man, and is deeply saddened that he is no longer in her life.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I feel bad for your grandma.

Such disrespect. At her funeral? On both their parts. Especially the mistress.
My grandmother obviously knew about her. She also met a few times with the other mistress, his love child's mother.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Isn't it?

We used to laugh that a lot of men can't even get a date, much less a relationship, or just one other person, and he got three all at once.
Yes but that's a big mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships