Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:11 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I don't he really has trust issues. He knows I would never cheat on him.
Of course, that's what they all say! Until it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 03:12 PM

334 posts, read 716,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Same sex, appropriate

opposite sex, completely inappropriate
This^. I think the OP's boyfriend has trust issues.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Yeah.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he was being weird. He just thinks it's strange for grown women to have sleepovers, I guess. lol.
There really is nothing strange about it. Even my mom, aunts and their friends still have sleepovers when someone comes from out of town and for their girls weekend getaways. Come to think of it so did my grandmother and great aunts.

What does your boyfriend think is happening?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
The concept of it is not good period .

Although it happens often. you gotta admit, if it was the other day around you'd be double thinking too. He just said it out loud instead of bottling it up and not tell you what is on he's mind. I rather someone be upfront about what is bothering the mind then not saying at all

Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
I don't he really has trust issues. He knows I would never cheat on him. I think he think it's just immature behavior, which I will never understand. I've been with him for six years. He is just always worried about me and thinks I'm this delicate little flower.
Has he ever 'gone ballistic' over anything before?

Old 11-09-2013, 04:00 PM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
If it was a male "friend".....maybe.

Other female friends?\

See you when I see you! lol

Old 11-09-2013, 04:17 PM

348 posts, read 498,401 times
Quote:
So me and my boyfriend just had a huge argument about this and I'm interested in hearing people's viewpoints. Last night, I went out with a girlfriend for dinner and drinks. At around midnight, we went back to her place and I felt pretty tired from drinking and just decided to crash at her place. I live in Chicago and her place is like a 40 minute train ride from my apartment.

When I called my boyfriend (who I live with) last night to tell him I was staying over, he went ballistic. He said he didn't like it at all didn't think it was right for a grown woman to spend the night at a friend's house. He even told me he'd pay for my cab if I just came home. After arguing for a few minutes, I told him I was staying and that I would be home in the morning.

Is it me or is he overreacting? I just find this so weird. He also didn't like the fact that I've only known this girl for a couple months and that he's only met her once.
Dump him.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:26 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Same sex, appropriate

opposite sex, completely inappropriate
OP, I agree with the above, but I'm not done. Before you start thinking of breaking up with him, I can understand his side too, EVEN IF YOUR FRIEND IS A FEMALE TOO.

I'm a female & my BF spends a few nights at his brother's house maybe every few months. Now people may say, what's wrong with that, but his brother is not a single guy. His brother who he stays with is married & they have 3 little daughters. I personally don't really like it that he spends the night there, but him & I aren't married yet, so I can't say too much. My BF says that when we get married, that he won't do that anymore, so I guess he's getting this "fun" out of his system. He has 2 other siblings who he's not close with, so this particular brother is the only family member he sees on a regular basis. They also meet up for lunch during the brother's lunch break from work at times. My BF doesn't really have any friends either (like myself), so I guess he needs some outlet away from me. But I can completely understand your BF's side. It becomes bad when you notice that he's controlling about more & more things that you do.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:30 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
Well if for instance the friend is a single party girl, I can understand him not liking your spending too much time together. It is very common for women to cheat after being inspired by hanging out and partying a lot with their single girlfriends. I don't know that this is the case, my point is merely that we don't know the whole story here.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:31 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
So me and my boyfriend just had a huge argument about this and I'm interested in hearing people's viewpoints. Last night, I went out with a girlfriend for dinner and drinks. At around midnight, we went back to her place and I felt pretty tired from drinking and just decided to crash at her place. I live in Chicago and her place is like a 40 minute train ride from my apartment.

When I called my boyfriend (who I live with) last night to tell him I was staying over, he went ballistic. He said he didn't like it at all didn't think it was right for a grown woman to spend the night at a friend's house. He even told me he'd pay for my cab if I just came home. After arguing for a few minutes, I told him I was staying and that I would be home in the morning.

Is it me or is he overreacting? I just find this so weird. He also didn't like the fact that I've only known this girl for a couple months and that he's only met her once.
I think it's totally normal. I've done it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships