Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 PM

28 posts, read 63,371 times

Advertisements

I have been out with this guy for one date. Casual dinner date, we talked for 1 and 1/2 hours about random things, we laughed and even talked about our family. At the end of the date, he walked me to my car and said that we should do this again soon. I kinda want to meetup with him again to see if things can progress further. It has been two weeks since our first date.

Here are the things that happened after our first date...

Tuesday: I text him to see how his week was going - responded right away... less than few min. - chatted for a little via text
Thursday: Ask him to see if he was free to hangout on the weekend but he had work. responded within an hour.
Saturday: He text me to see how my wonderful weekend was, I respond within less than 15 min. and then we chatted a little bit again via text
Wednesday: Since I didn't know about his weekend work schedule, I text him again to see if we meetup on the weekend, he text back and said "sorry, my work schedule is going to be like this until beginning of December"

I am so confused, I know he has a busy work schedule and I have a reg. 9-5 job. but I am pretty sure that he was free on couple of the weekdays because he works only 3-4 days a week.

I text back and said, I know you are busy person, but I would love to meetup again.
and he text back and said "totally"

Is he interested in another date? or is he not interested? I just need some advice, should I wait for him or just move on?

Last edited by Question&Answer; 11-09-2013 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 11:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
What the hell?

Old 11-09-2013, 11:19 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I don't know, if he is "totally" interested then why isn't he setting up a time you two can get together? I think I would text him and tell him that you would like to get together with him soon, you know he is busy, but to let you know when he can get some free time to meet up. Throw it on his lap and then wait and see if he comes up with a time or not.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:30 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
could be a few things-
1. he is too busy workwise,,,but i agree with you-he probly could have made something happen during a weeknight

2. he has a few women going at once

if i were you- and coming up on a weekend, if "he's too busy" you tell him , you are going out with the girls dancing, if he is fine with this,,,and no attempt to make plans beyond the weekend, then theirs your answer, -dont waste anymore time

dont allow him to keep you tagging along,

Old 11-09-2013, 11:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Well, you have asked him out twice and he has blown you off.

You could go ahead and say, 'Ok, well, let me know when works for you,' just because at this point you have nothing to lose, but it doesn't sound like it will be happening.

I'm sorry . I think he got back together with his ex or met someone else or has issues with women who are not meek or something.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:34 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well, you have asked him out twice and he has blown you off.

You could go ahead and say, 'Ok, well, let me know when works for you,' just because at this point you have nothing to lose, but it doesn't sound like it will be happening.

I'm sorry . I think he got back together with his ex or met someone else or has issues with women who are not meek or something.
or has two-three women going at once, and trying to use her as a back-up , for as long as he can

Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times
Not interested. If he were he'd make time for you.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Not interested. If he were he'd make time for you.
Exactly.

I was checking to see if he reached out but I only noticed once.

Really, people like to just go out and enjoy a nice evening with someone. I think since he is busy and such he's not looking for a LTR right now. He isn't a loser either since he didn't sleep with you.

I'd just right him down as a nice guy to go out with if he calls. In the mean time go out with others and keep playing the field.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:39 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
dont expect a sec date

Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,282,640 times
It appears you were blown off.

I'd move on. I have no tolerance for game playing. Why he is playing with your feelings like this is something only he can answer. My suggestion is not to contact him again. You made enough of an effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships