U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:07 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,323,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
4 years?? Holy cow!!! I gave up after one year, too frustrating. I got complexes by so many rejections and weird dudes.
Ha! This last run on OkCupid, I gave up after one date and being on the site a week. Internet dating does not work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 03:09 PM

19,126 posts, read 26,583,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
4 years?? Holy cow!!! I gave up after one year, too frustrating. I got complexes by so many rejections and weird dudes.
Four years on and off. Since I don't get approached or asked out in real life it's basically the only way I'm able to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
404 Pic Not Found
There's no way I'd post a pic on this website.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:17 PM

2,827 posts, read 3,197,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's no way I'd post a pic on this website.
Me either... lol.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM

3,665 posts, read 5,522,685 times
I think Okcupid is the best for free sites, PoF is mediocre. Match.com is the best if your looking to pay and get less fake accounts. I need to get some dates going on okc, any advice ladies?

Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM

5,494 posts, read 5,029,723 times
I've done internet dating off and on for 7 years. Match.com was best at first, but Ok Cupid improved dramatically and is now just as good. I found Plenty of Fish to be a bit of a meat market. But I was tailgating on Saturday with a college friend of my brothers the other day and he is happily engaged to someone he met on PoF. Funny thing was, college friend's ex wife was there with her date, who had previously dated the fiance, and they also met on PoF.

I think you get out of it what you put into it. I contact men I'm interested in and respond politely to those who contact me. Haven't met the right guy but I have met some very nice men and had some fun times. Yep, there are a few wing nuts out there but I've never suffered as a result of meeting them either.

I've never heard anything about eHarmony that led me to believe that it was worth the money. Tried the free trials but didn't like their set up and very few matches in my area. I really like GreenSingles but very few matches in my area.

And it does depend on where you live. The pickins were slim in a smaller town, then I moved to a bigger metro area and don't lack for new faces every week.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM

5,494 posts, read 5,029,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I think Okcupid is the best for free sites, PoF is mediocre. Match.com is the best if your looking to pay and get less fake accounts. I need to get some dates going on okc, any advice ladies?
Choose three guys on your list of favorites and send them a brief message inviting them to visit your profile. Arrange as many first meets as you can within that week. Then, next sunday do that again. And again.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM

4,354 posts, read 4,249,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Took me three years online after my divorce to find my first relationship (Match). A year and a half after that for my second one (Eharmony). Its a grind. Its so hard to get the attention of someone who isn't a serial dater. I hate it. But knock on wood, working out at the moment.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

3,665 posts, read 5,522,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Choose three guys on your list of favorites and send them a brief message inviting them to visit your profile. Arrange as many first meets as you can within that week. Then, next sunday do that again. And again.
I'm a straight male.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,548,860 times
Sure as hell ain't Plenty Of Freaks, that place has got some of the most farked up people on both genders this side of the crazy farm

Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM

488 posts, read 564,386 times
POF and OKcupid for me are a big waste of time... I've never been on a date nor ever had a girlfriend, most of those sites really only work in the girl's favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships