Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM

79 posts, read 85,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Since you are not happy and a bit bored I would discuss the possibility of an limited open relationship instead. It sounds like you all like different things.

Some people do not have that style in him. It appears to me it's possible you want to turn your husband/BF into a person he is not.
limited open relationship? Aren't they open or monogamous? Either way I highly doubt he would share me with anyone male or female...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I'm sorry but this is marriage suicide.

You never know OP until you speak to him about. I would NEVER SAY you're bored. Talking is good.
Good luck.
Marriage suicide? Good think we aren't married then ... I have enough marbles with in this head to know enough not to say "hey baby, I'm bored with our sex life"...

Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I would be very careful on this. Is the marriage going OK? Any possibility of divorce or an affair? What if she then turns this around and uses it as a pretense to file divorce or abuse charges? You could spice things up in other ways other than resorting to anything to do with pain.
Yes, our rel'p is fine.

No

I am not a conniving witch looking to get my BF into trouble . And why the heck would I need that excuse to file for a divorce (which wouldn't happen since we are not married), you don't need a valid excuse for that these days, I could say he doesn't put the cap on the toothpaste and get divorced!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Did she have some kind of rape fantasy? If she did, that is not really that unusual. Many of my girlfriends have secretly told me they have fantasized about being raped (NOT by strangers) So it is not really "rape".

To me being aggressive just means total control. I want the man to have total control in the bedroom. That is hot!
Exactly!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 AM

11,357 posts, read 9,268,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Rayne View Post
limited open relationship? Aren't they open or monogamous? Either way I highly doubt he would share me with anyone male or female...
Bolded confuses me a little.

It seems you want one thing that he may not be able to do. I don't see harm in bringing up what you want but as I said this doesn't sound good, especially since you all have been together 10 years.

If he can't be more aggressive as you want maybe he will let you find someone on the side who will. But as you stated that's likely not going to be possible.

If it were me I'd consider it but only on a very limited basis, like an open agreement of sorts. Then again I am more open-minded than most people are. You only live once and you are entitled to have the sex life that you want.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Bolded confuses me a little.

It seems you want one thing that he may not be able to do. I don't see harm in bringing up what you want but as I said this doesn't sound good, especially since you all have been together 10 years.

If he can't be more aggressive as you want maybe he will let you find someone on the side who will. But as you stated that's likely not going to be possible.

If it were me I'd consider it but only on a very limited basis, like an open agreement of sorts. Then again I am more open-minded than most people are. You only live once and you are entitled to have the sex life that you want.
Yeah, I wasn't very clear when I wrote that...I meant it's either an open relationship or or in a monogamous relationship...never heard of open rel'ps being 'limited'

Old 11-11-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Rayne View Post
Yeah, I wasn't very clear when I wrote that...I meant it's either an open relationship or or in a monogamous relationship...never heard of open rel'ps being 'limited'
I wouldn't agree to unlimited sleeping around. That's what I meant. Maybe finding one other person who will give you want you want and that's sex the way you like it, no strings attached.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM

39,160 posts, read 27,554,153 times
Quote:
Hard to say but maybe. As I mentioned I never got the chance but in truth I do not think it would have mattered. It was total communication breakdown. I really had no idea.

Her cheating ended the relationship.

You are better off without her John. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You are better off without her John. Consider yourself lucky.
Thank you. I agree.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,902,639 times
Your OP didn't make it clear that you were the female half. The more information you put in the OP, the more likely you are to get helpful information. Does this lack of communication skills give us a hint as to what might be the problem? Neither men or women are mind readers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships