Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 PM

105 posts, read 127,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterL View Post
I've only been with 2 women in my life and both of them were long term relationships. Unfortunately my 2nd gf cheated and I broke up. I've been single for about 5 months now.

I'm 25 years old and do look forward towards having my own family in the near future. However, what I'm noticing is that nowadays is a bit of a challenge finding the right girl that isn't a religious ''waiting till marriage only'' type or the one who has slept with a tons of guys.

I'm an atheist but do value sex and intimacy within a relationship. I was wondering if there are women like that too. I would like one that isn't into casual sex but neither is waiting till marriage. I honestly find both extremes deal-breakers.
Haha exact same situation here buddy. I am sure there are tons of women like that around, just gotta keep searching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
I've only been with 2 women in my life and both of them were long term relationships. Unfortunately my 2nd gf cheated and I broke up. I've been single for about 5 months now.

I'm 25 years old and do look forward towards having my own family in the near future. However, what I'm noticing is that nowadays is a bit of a challenge finding the right girl that isn't a religious ''waiting till marriage only'' type or the one who has slept with a tons of guys.

I'm an atheist but do value sex and intimacy within a relationship. I was wondering if there are women like that too. I would like one that isn't into casual sex but neither is waiting till marriage. I honestly find both extremes deal-breakers.
All you need to do is turn around the idea that every woman who has had multiple partners is loose or is a threat to the stability of a future long-term relationship (such as marriage). Once you've done that, it's your job to find out what kind of person she is.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM

11 posts, read 12,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
All you need to do is turn around the idea that every woman who has had multiple partners is loose or is a threat to the stability of a future long-term relationship (such as marriage). Once you've done that, it's your job to find out what kind of person she is.
The problem is I've done that and the last one I bumped into was a religious waiting till marriage woman.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Have you considered moving to another city?
Yes, I'll be doing that next month. I'm tired of the extremes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
In liberal areas -- most college towns, for example, or large cities, or the entire west coast -- the vast majority of women are like you describe: atheists, and sexually selective.
That would be awesome.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
And I've been very tolerant about her going to parties and other things.

How very nice of you.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How very nice of you.
Yet, she still cheated. The fact that it happened in my house, makes me feel like an absolute fool. My mother didn't like her and I think that was one sign I should have pay attention too.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Correct and I don't see what's wrong with that. I don't even like bars myself (I hate noisy places). However, I'm not an extremist boring prude either and do drink in special social reunions and enjoy being in a relationship. Imagine you were being invited to Death Valley and North Pole. Those are extremes don't you think? What's wrong with not liking extremes? Don't you believe there is a middle ground?
Excuse me. Is it too much asking for a woman similar to me? I don't mind if she had relationships prior to me but at least it's something we can both relate to. There is a big difference between a woman who had certain relationships (I would actually be more weird out if a woman never had a relationship in her mid 20's) and one who has been with hundreds of people. I don't want a virginal Mary either. What is so difficult to understand??

By your phrasing, I'm getting that I should settle for anything less just for the sake of love???
All relationships require compromise. Even the people you love the most will frustrate, anger or disappoint you at times. No two people on this earth are perfect for each other, ever.

You have a right to hold out for whatever you want. I just meant that wanting someone who is neither too prudish nor too sexually adventurous is a tricky balance. The more you insist a partner be cut to your particular fit, the more difficult it will be to find that person.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:49 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

bold = easy to find. I would like to think most of the girls nowadays are exactly like what you just described.

Good luck to you. Just be patient.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
There are plenty of women like this, myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
So, you don't want to be with a "wait 'til marriage" type, but nor do you want to with a woman who has "slept with a ton of guys." You, sir, indeed have a problem, but I don't think it is women. I think it is your sex-negative attitude. If you find a woman who you enjoy having sex with, you should write every one of her previous lover a thank you note. People don't get good at sex by accident.
Some people are naturals.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM

708 posts, read 823,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Yea, probably going to be a challenge.
How about date a woman and toss out your previous sex partners hang up?

Previous number of partners is really extremely insignificant on relationship expectations.
When you meet someone you like, THAT becomes unimportant.
If that was insignificant then none of them would feel ashamed about their pasts, tell lies or try to hide it. I have known women who have sat down one day and thought about their pasts and felt ashamed to the point of not wanting to admit it to themselves, others have cried about their past too. This is particularly apparent when they met someone they liked who had been more discerning and careful about who they shared their body with.

I know a woman who wishes she was more selective concerning who she slept with when she was in her 20's and it has clearly affected her self esteem. I would say 'When you meet someone you like, THAT becomes important'. However, I am referring to the context of previous sex partners, not so much the number. For example, a bunch of ONS's Vs long term mutually respectable relationships where the partners knew each others health and history etc. Of course, it's a free country and people can and will sleep with as many partners as they wish. However, in my opinion there will always be unforeseen mental, physical, and spiritual consequences. Some even claim that a woman's bonding ability becomes impaired (oxytocin bonding), however, this could well be a myth lol. Interesting nonetheless though.

Last edited by QuestOfTruth; 11-15-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships