Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times

Advertisements

It's been 7 years, give or take, but I guess I don't have any terrible stories. I've had a few first meets that make for funny stories, but maybe that is just my outlook on life. I've met a few 'keepers', but I've never met anyone I thought was MY 'keeper'.

What i have found is that many many many single men I meet range from odd/socially awkward to very damaged by life's experiences. (Usually by harsh treatment or neglect by parents) It is very sad. It makes me wish I were a social worker. Doesn't matter where I meet them, online or in real life. Our society is not generally a kind one.

I've had a long and rocky career path as well, and believe that these negative experiences were necessary to prepare me for the RIGHT job when it came along. So I'm working on the theory that all these negative bumps in the relationship road are preparing me for the RIGHT relationship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
It's been 7 years, give or take, but I guess I don't have any terrible stories. I've had a few first meets that make for funny stories, but maybe that is just my outlook on life. I've met a few 'keepers', but I've never met anyone I thought was MY 'keeper'.

What i have found is that many many many single men I meet range from odd/socially awkward to very damaged by life's experiences. (Usually by harsh treatment or neglect by parents) It is very sad. It makes me wish I were a social worker. Doesn't matter where I meet them, online or in real life. Our society is not generally a kind one.

I've had a long and rocky career path as well, and believe that these negative experiences were necessary to prepare me for the RIGHT job when it came along. So I'm working on the theory that all these negative bumps in the relationship road are preparing me for the RIGHT relationship
You sound like the female version of me. I was very damaged by my divorce. I'm sure there's still some residual stuff to deal with, but for the most part, I'm past it. I worked my ass off to recover from it. I like to think that women view me as "normal", despite being a little shy.

Regarding your rocky career path, I'm in that club too. Being unemployed while going through a divorce made me want to give up on life completely. I'm finally back on track career wise and don't present myself as damaged goods anymore, thank God.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I don't have any stories to tell, but I can tell you that I've had 2 views of my profile in like a week(record for me, haven't had a single view in 4 months), but they all state in there profile that they go after "chocolate" men.

The only problem I have with this is: I keep looking at my skin, and it's not chocolate looking. Why look at my profile when you state that you want to date a specific color of men that isn't my color? Makes no sense to me.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I'm sorry Prince but I'm cracking up at the chocolate thing.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I decided to give Internet dating (OkCupid) another shot. Upon meeting my date, it was glaringly obvious he was a closeted homosexual. (Nothing wrong with being gay, except I want to date a straight man! I even checked his profile after the date to make sure he identified himself as "straight" and I didn't misunderstand.) I deleted my account after this date and have permanently given up on Internet dating. Misery loves company - let's hear your most horrific, terrible, Internet dating stories!
lol, i'm confused as to what he was trying to accomplish by going on a date with a woman, when as you stated, he is clearly a homosexual.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Oooh, I have lots and lots of stories. More than one guy has shown up obviously drunk/stoned, I've been stood up 10+ times, I've had men who show up, look me up and down and then leave, and I had one guy show up on our first date with his wife. He just wanted to 'prove' she was okay with an open marriage...I guess it never occurred to him to ask if I was okay with that. And none of those guys were 'rich, super tall, super good looking, bad boys' etc etc before anyone gets started on that.

Regardless, I met my boyfriend through OKC and it only took me 4 years

Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Try this...had a date to a flea market to race H2o cars.Freaken A.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 PM

153 posts, read 308,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raena77 View Post
try this...had a date to a flea market to race h2o cars.freaken a.
LOL! Tell us more.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyneighbors View Post
LOL! Tell us more.
Haha...glad it amuses you.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
happy to help. this is eharmony. texted emailed and phoned for several months finally took the plunge bought a ticket to nashville. there she was standing in the parking lot, quasimoto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships