Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 PM

28 posts, read 63,377 times

Advertisements

Been out on one date...text back and forth a few time.
I asked him if he wants to meet twice but he say he was busy with work until the end of Nov. and would "totally" want to meet up with me soon. - I am thinking that he is not really interested because he does have work on weekend (16 hr shift for 3-4 days) but he couldn't meet me during the weekdays?

Anyway...should I conclude that he is not interested and send a "thank you" text for not leading me on? I just want to send a text with "thank you" and see how he reacts?

Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
If he truly wants you, he will make time. And don't thank him.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:53 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,970 times
Uh, I wwould be rather confused and wary of any women who texted me that. Enough so that I may not bother responding. It comes across as very immature and insecure sounding to the point where it's a feminist attitude that says all men want to take advantage of women at a times. Yea, such an attractive attitude :eyeroll:

Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Uh, I wwould be rather confused and wary of any women who texted me that. Enough so that I may not bother responding. It comes across as very immature and insecure sounding
Uh, yeah, this.

I'd never say thanks to a guy for not leading me on... Like what?! If a guy isn't into me, I don't bother him at all, I move on. If you text him weird cryptic stuff you just come off as a weirdo.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
Uh, yeah, this.

I'd never say thanks to a guy for not leading me on... Like what?! If a guy isn't into me, I don't bother him at all, I move on. If you text him weird cryptic stuff you just come off as a weirdo.
It would be guy saying over text "thanks for not looking at my wallet often and asking me to buy everything, so many women are gold diggers"

Old 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
It would be guy saying over text "thanks for not looking at my wallet often and asking me to buy everything, so many women are gold diggers"
Lol, yeah. I don't know what OP is trying to accomplish by texting him that.

OP, just relax. He knows you'd like to see him again, the ball is in his court. If hes interested he will make a move, but in the mean time just keep doing your own thing!

Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question&Answer View Post
I asked him if he wants to meet twice but he say he was busy with work until the end of Nov. and would "totally" want to meet up with me soon. - I am thinking that he is not really interested because he does have work on weekend (16 hr shift for 3-4 days) but he couldn't meet me during the weekdays?

Anyway...should I conclude that he is not interested and send a "thank you" text for not leading me on? I just want to send a text with "thank you" and see how he reacts?

Advice?

Ah, but he IS attempting to lead you on. If he wasn't, he'd just say, "I don't see this going any further."

I don't do the texting thing--I think it's garbage communication--but if a guy told me he was busy, I'd just go on my merry way. No time for analysis. Move on.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:

Advice?
What does he do for work?

[and what's the rush?]

Old 11-12-2013, 10:27 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:

Advice?
Send him a hand written thank you and a $25 gift certificate to the Red Lobster.

You're welcome,
Mr. Manners

Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Send him a hand written thank you and a $25 gift certificate to the Red Lobster.

You're welcome,
Mr. Manners
If I had ever got that I'd feel obligated to send something back. Those Cheddar Bay Biscuits are delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships