Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:25 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,219,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Did he tell you that he's enjoying every minute of every night that he stays out til 2am? My guess is he's not and he's probably tired as heck because he has to network and because he chose a school in Spain. My guess is he probably would rather be in his room instead.
I'm sure it's a combination of both. One of my jobs required 5 weeks offsite in another state - 4 of which were consecutive. My GF (now wife) and I were younger and she was still new in her job as well. Plus we were new to our new area and my new job put me within range of some old friends who rescued me for a weekend.

It was a small group of new coworkers plus all the people at HQ. Dinner out was frequent. Many people wanted to get to know you. You'd go stir crazy at the hotel a bit as well. The people were generally good and interesting, but could drive you nuts. It was a complete combination of things.

I'm sure he's probably feeling both. Tired from the whirlwind, but also a bit energized (hopefully) about the people and program.

I'm sure he doesn't have a lot of downtime now either.

Even now in my new job I have to go to home office for certain things - usually a week and frequently during DST when it's 3 hours from the east coast to AZ. I'm at work at 8am to start the day - so i'll call my wife on first break typically (around 10:15). She's at work for my lunch and dinner. I can sometimes catch her after dinner - but frequently people want to go out because "hey, you're in town and we need to go out and get caught up now that we got through another day of boring work stuff" ....... so you go out a bit, get back to the hotel and I can talk to her right after dinner - wash up, get your clothes ready for tommorrow and set the alarm for another day ....... In her mind it's dinner and drinks every night - in my mind it's great to get caught up and network but i'm exhausted and looking forward to getting home

We communicate though so it doesn't bubble over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:27 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany035 View Post
Hello,

My husband decided to go back to school (he is 36), he picked a European school to get his MBA at. He is taking online courses while working full time. However this week he had to go to the school in Spain for a 1 week orientation. I'm somewhat bothered that he has been going out alot while he is there. He has been there since Saturday and has spent 3 nights out until 1-2 am with his classmates.

It bothers me because he has always been a homebody. I actually enjoy going out and socializing or going dancing. But this isn't something he does with me. But since he has been in Spain he has spent several nights out with these new friends. Not at a clubs but at pubs/bars in Madrid. Two of the nights he was supposed to call me at a specific time and he didn't end up calling until much later. I do trust him but I think as a 36 year old married man his behavior is inappropriate, especially when the whole point of this trip is to study, not party.

And it bothers me that he won't go out with me and do these things. We had a big fight about it last night over the phone. He hung up on me and then called back but I didn't answer. I wrote him an email explaining my thoughts on this and I told him not to call me the rest of his trip. I don't want to worry, so I would rather just not even talk to him.

Do I have a valid argument???
You made a specific time to call you? Hahaha!!!

You're treating him like a child.

You may have just damaged your relationship beyond repair.

You have no right controlling him like that.

He probably feels free from your iron fist! Good for him.

Oh, for the records, you Don't trust him. If you did you would be happy that he is enjoying himself. Oh no... You pout that you aren't having fun so you try to destroy his trip. Nice one!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:29 PM

30 posts, read 27,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You made a specific time to call you? Hahaha!!!

You're treating him like a child.

You may have just damaged your relationship beyond repair.

You have no right controlling him like that.

He probably feels free from your iron fist! Good for him.

Oh, for the records, you Don't trust him. If you did you would be happy that he is enjoying himself. Oh no... You pout that you aren't having fun so you try to destroy his trip. Nice one!

No he made a specific time to call, because of the time difference (6 hours) and because I work full time. That was his idea

Old 11-13-2013, 01:34 PM

374 posts, read 393,303 times
You guys must have some other things going on in your relationship for you to get this mad about something this silly.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
I feel irritated that he is going out so late, also that we don't do these things together as a couple. He is enjoying his new found freedom seemingly more then being a couple. Maybe we are too different.
I really have a feeling you enjoy this. Something just doesn't add up to me. No matter how many times people have given you some pretty straight forward advice, you choose to come back the very next post and reiterate the same information you gave in your very first post. You are being resistant just as you expressed his resistance towards you. Some posters are even borderline frustrated with your resistance but at the same time, you yourself expect your husband to conform and to "hear you out"?

You are obviously not listening and or taking in anything. There is a part of you that likes the attention and drama. You are not alone in this world and there are many people like you. It works out for some, and no so much for others. I wish you well though but out of 9 pages, the few on your side are perhaps those that think as you do.

Quote:
Actually where I live some nightclubs are busy at 9..its an older crowd. But I don't care, we just go to dance. Thats just my preference.
It's not about YOU!!!

I know someone that has an idea as to how things SHOULD be but it is only according to their standards.

I hate the company of such people. He probably does too.

Since you are fighting and not talking you had better hope he doesn't die in a plane crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
You guys must have some other things going on in your relationship for you to get this mad about something this silly.

No, actually there wasn't. I know that people here think its silly. I don't. But I did come for advice and thats what I got. So I can't complain about other's opinions.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
It's not about YOU!!!

I know someone that has an idea as to how things SHOULD be but it is only according to their standards.

I hate the company of such people. He probably does too.

Since you are fighting and not talking you had better hope he doesn't die in a plane crash.

Thats a lovely thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
Yeah, I bet that is true.

When they are away on a trip is not the time to pick a fight.

What if they never return for whatever reason.

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:

You said what I was thinking when I first read the OP.

Not talking and playing the silent treatment game is not only childish but heaven forbid something happens. I could never live with myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships