Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,091,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Real men don't run away to laugh. What happened to you to make you such a coward? No male role models?
(Laughs in your face)

Hardly.

I'm just amused that people keep biting when fake posters do "drive-by's start controversial threads to keep CD an active site.

I feel there's some bits of this that are valid... But very little, and everyone getting so worked up over an obvious "planted thread" and I was staying up late to cook a gumbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,748,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
What does "ease of filing for divorce" have to do with anything? You can walk into a courthouse and file the paperwork in 15 minutes. The divorce is on at that point. What really matters is the outcome of the divorce, and people get screwed in Colorado like no other place on earth.

Colorado has the 12th highest divorce rate in the US, hardly "middle of the pack". Considering the income and education levels, this is WAY higher than would be expected.

Highest U.S. Divorce Rates by State

Colorado Divorce Rate and Numbers

Grand Junction Divorce Rate Among Highest in the Country

America's 50 Divorce Capitals: Panama City to Lake Charles - The Daily Beast

I was looking at census data, but whatever, I just noticed your screen name. You clearly have an agenda. And are one of those bitter men's rights advocate types that only exist on places like CD. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM

102,063 posts, read 107,003,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I was looking at census data, but whatever, I just noticed your screen name. You clearly have an agenda. And are one of those bitter men's rights advocate types that only exist on places like CD. Good luck.
He should move to California. I know women there who have been taken to the cleaners in divorce settlements. "Colorado" should have done his homework before deciding where to live.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, look, another "new" member spouting PUA language and ascribing the very worst of traits to women as a whole.

What, did some vindictive banned CDer go over to one of the juice-head forums and invite all the chest-thumping knuckle-draggers over?
Actually I think we have a Sybil on our hands

Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM

599 posts, read 950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

I guess you don't know how to read census data then.

Why did you avoid addressing the issue and go for a lame, false, personal attack? Can't face reality?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:

Why did you avoid addressing the issue and go for a lame, false, personal attack? Can't face reality?
Interesting question actually.

I would suggest you pose it to yourself my friend

Old 11-14-2013, 12:44 PM

599 posts, read 950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He should move to California. I know women there who have been taken to the cleaners in divorce settlements. "Colorado" should have done his homework before deciding where to live.

When the new divorce formula kicks in, many women, especially young women who outearn men, are going to simply avoid marriage. Those who are already married are statistically the higher earners in over 30% of marriages now, which means MANY more women will be "taken to the cleaners" than in the past.

Marriage is dead in Colorado, killed by the divorce laws, and the divorce laws here are coming soon to a state near you, if the Democrats have their way.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:45 PM

102,063 posts, read 107,003,261 times
Quote:

Marriage is dead in Colorado, killed by the divorce laws, and the divorce laws here are coming soon to a state near you, if the Democrats have their way.
Funny. A friend of mine just got married there.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-14-2013 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,093,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
i finished chemistry a long time ago. i'd love to see if you went to a better school than GA Tech...

but, uh... it seems to me that you cannot explain why a man who has more should commit to a woman that makes less. so, guys bring the financial stability. what tangible things do females bring?
Is who makes more money your opinion of what superior or better is?

That's pretty immature.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,748,650 times
Quote:

I'm fine with reading census data (though CDC data on this is better, and not all states report each year), though you pretty clearly are not adept at interpreting statistics.

I'm perfectly fine with my reality. There is no real "issue" here to address. You're the one who isn't happy. I have no problem with women, the current system, marriage, dating, any of it. Works perfectly fine for me. I live a happy life. Thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships