Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:41 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,165,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Of course they would have quick sex. Most women would as well. Most people really like having sex.
I never said I don't like sex. I do but not right away nor in 1 month. I like taking my own time and developing a deep connection and later on begin to get interested in more than kissing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But yeah, if you want someone that doesn't want to f*ck you, find someone that doesn't find you attractive, someone hampered by religious guilt, or someone asexual. That's totally your choice.
That's exactly what I've just posted. I guess an asexual man would be the better option since Mr Religious is sure going to ask for kids afterward. I'm a different type of woman. Atheist but not willing to have quick sex (some confuse this for not having a sex drive, I do but I don't like doing it without at least some time passing by) nor wants kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 07:42 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
So I'm expected to already be ready in 1 month or less? This leaves me to think that very few men share my same views on this and many would have quick sex if given the chance. It seems that the only options for me (the more I read forums online) is either very religious or asexual men; though both would then be total polar of men trying to initiate early moves.

So he's expected to stay with you after sleeping with you? That's effectively your counterargument.

Nobody is expected to do anything. But just as you'd get upset from being pump and dumped, many men might get upset at being "made to wait". As always, it goes both ways.

But yes, very few men share your views. Not "none", but very few.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why would you base anything on what you read in online forums?
In a way, I'm starting to think it kind of represents reality and more people are brutally honest on forums than they would in real life.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
So he's expected to stay with you after sleeping with you? That's effectively your counterargument.

Nobody is expected to do anything. But just as you'd get upset from being pump and dumped, many men might get upset at being "made to wait". As always, it goes both ways.

But yes, very few men share your views. Not "none", but very few.
If you read my previous posts, it seems like I only have those two options I've just mentioned. Otherwise, yes what I'm looking for are indeed the rare breeds which is sad so I'm right now feeling doomed.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Exactly. When is the last time you've heard of the male getting child support? Even if the mom is a crack head she'll get custody because she's female.

Then... she'll use the money to buy crack and not clothe her child.
I know two women who pay child support to their exes. Women don't automatically get custody, especially when the father asks for it--which is a fraction of the time.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
If you read my previous posts, it seems like I only have those two options I've just mentioned. Otherwise, yes what I'm looking for are indeed the rare breeds which is sad so I'm right now feeling doomed.
It's unfortunate, but them's the breaks. Sometimes a quality that we hold very dearly just happens to be very rare. As it happens, I like VERY tall women, as I'm very tall myself. If I held myself to just those women, I'd have a VERY limited dating pool.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
It's unfortunate, but them's the breaks. Sometimes a quality that we hold very dearly just happens to be very rare. As it happens, I like VERY tall women, as I'm very tall myself. If I held myself to just those women, I'd have a VERY limited dating pool.
As long as they exist that's all that matters to me (even if it's little; at least it's better than zero). I'm not settling for what I'm not looking. I'm keeping up with that quality and will not compromise.

You can do the same too and not compromise. If you go to Netherlands, Germany, The Alps, etc you'll find those very tall women.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
tim71new, has a woman ever been in love with you and wanted to marry you?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:11 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
I have been in 3 committed relationships and married once. The first 2 guys proposed marriage, and I got engaged to the first and then ended it. I said no to the second guy.
The third guy and I dated for many years before getting married. I only plan on being married once, so I wanted to be careful.

I don't need a man to take care of me, even though I am only a teacher who makes low pay. I am not with my husband because he makes good money. In fact, I paid 50/50 for everything before we got married.

Some men want marriage, and some men don't. The same can be said of women.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:49 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
In relationship forums, I always read things like "he's been with you for 4 years and hasn't popped the question?"

I think people need to realize that men are the party who has everything to lose while women are the only group who has anything to gain. This is assuming that the woman is hypergamous - dates men who are better than her - and, most are.

I can't understand how a guy is expected to sign a lopsided contract with someone who makes less, therefore not offering as much as he does.

Sure, people say "men need to grow up and stop fearing commitment," but seeing as women initiate two-thirds of divorces, maybe they need the lecture in commitment.

Seeing as marriage is dying, kind of like chivalry, why do you feel entitled to it (especially after only a few years)?
Your entitled to your opinion but you should state it as such. You really need to educate yourself on marriage and divorce before making broad unsubstantiated statements.

If you don't want to get married don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships