Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times

Advertisements

"I keep myself in tip top shape so I can have a bird that's in tip top shape. I work hard on maintaining a healthy fit body so I don't think it's wrong of me to expect the same in a woman. If chicks are gonna turn me away because I'm not tall enough, I can turn them away because they aren't fit enough."

Does being in good shape and having a nice body justify one's physical choices in a mate? I believe many women use their looks based on the feedback and appeal they get from her friends, family and work environment. This supposedly gives them the means to pick freely and exclusively among the top quality guys. I guess this is where leagues really come into play. A lot of men put some of these women on a pedastel and it's not entirely the womans fault really.

A ballplayer is not going to reject the millions of dollars if the team and the owner is offering that kind of money. So by that rationale it is plausible that a woman is not going to accept less than her standard if she has been fed to believe that her looks can get her any man she wants? I've met hot, hot, hot women at the gym who only date the best looking guys because they let their bodies dictate their choices. It's not always true because I've seen hot women with the turdiest of turds for guys and vice-versa.

I don't always discriminate based on the quality of my looks or pulling power but I go after the woman who turns my crank, simple as that. I will admit to keeping my choices wide open due to the fact that my short frame(5'5 and change) is still a deal-breaker to lots of women. I have accepted that. What I do notice is that when I was at my hottest and fittest while keeping a low body fat percentage, women I would perceive as "unreachable" were all of a sudden within reach. Some even made the first move.

BTW, subject guy is 5'9 - 5' 10ish, about 180 - 190 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
"I keep myself in tip top shape so I can have a bird that's in tip top shape. I work hard on maintaining a healthy fit body so I don't think it's wrong of me to expect the same in a woman. If chicks are gonna turn me away because I'm not tall enough, I can turn them away because they aren't fit enough."

Does being in good shape and having a nice body justify one's physical choices in a mate? I believe many women use their looks based on the feedback and appeal they get from her friends, family and work environment. This supposedly gives them the means to pick freely and exclusively among the top quality guys. I guess this is where leagues really come into play. A lot of men put some of these women on a pedastel and it's not entirely the womans fault really.

A ballplayer is not going to reject the millions of dollars if the team and the owner is offering that kind of money. So by that rationale it is plausible that a woman is not going to accept less than her standard if she has been fed to believe that her looks can get her any man she wants? I've met hot, hot, hot women at the gym who only date the best looking guys because they let their bodies dictate their choices. It's not always true because I've seen hot women with the turdiest of turds for guys and vice-versa.

I don't always discriminate based on the quality of my looks or pulling power but I go after the woman who turns my crank, simple as that. I will admit to keeping my choices wide open due to the fact that my short frame(5'5 and change) is still a deal-breaker to lots of women. I have accepted that. What I do notice is that when I was at my hottest and fittest while keeping a low body fat percentage, women I would perceive as "unreachable" were all of a sudden within reach. Some even made the first move.

BTW, subject guy is 5'9 - 5' 10ish, about 180 - 190 lbs.
Right. Women and people in general (read, men too) will not accept less than their top standard.

The only exception is if they have been rejected and pummeled so often that they have a softer, less competitive view of life.

As far as body, it means a lot more to men than women. Face and height is way more important to women. Probably 29 out of 30 times.

For men, face or body is almost an even split.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Real life just isn't so simplistic, OP. For some men and women it is. But there are hot women out there who hate being hit on by cocky guys who think they're God's gift to women, and they hold out for the shy guy who uses a wingman to approach them, or they approach the quiet, thoughtful guys themselves.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
That sort of mentality is exactly why I won't date hard-core gym rats. They're just so competitive and lacking in joie de vivre.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:05 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Dating is supply and demand. Anyone who says differently is trying to sell you something.

Hot women are products of their environment. Somewhere around 90% of the men on this planet are after around 10% of the women. The converse is not even close to being true. No man can attain that level of desirability with women unless he is Clooney or Pitt and rich as hell.

Hot women will often settle for a fat guy if 1) he times it right 2) he has money 3) he worships the ground she walks on. There went a huge percentage of your barbie dolls.

So work out all you want. You will never attain the desirability that a woman attains when she stays in shape and looks great.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
"I keep myself in tip top shape so I can have a bird that's in tip top shape.
A "bird"? Are we in 1950??

Old 11-14-2013, 12:37 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,254 times
Birds in top shape don't go after the jocks. That's been factually proved a million times. They may cheat with one.

This is exactly why they are majorly single and the overweight girls generally are brave enough to approach them and that's where their anger comes from.

I hate to quote a princess of Long Island from the show, "These trainer dudes are hot, but I want a wall street guy in a suit"

Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
"I keep myself in tip top shape so I can have a bird that's in tip top shape. I work hard on maintaining a healthy fit body so I don't think it's wrong of me to expect the same in a woman. ..............
I think he is right. If he wants a "bird" who is athletic he will stand a better chance if he is also athletic.

However, I suspect his classifying women as "birds" is going to greatly hurt his chances in the dating market. It makes him sound like a user, which is not an attractive quality in a man.

General rule, women don't care for the looks of the extra heavy competition weight lifter types. Of course, there are exceptions and some women are going to like the look, but to me, I always assume they are both gay and narcissistic when they put that much time into admiring their own body.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:38 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Anyone can have any physical preferences they want. Whether they can actually get someone who matches these preferences isn't necessarily up to them, though. Just because someone spends 40 hours a week at the gym doesn't mean he/she is automatically more attractive than someone who works out 0-5 hours a week.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Eh. I work out 3-5 times a week and run every day but I'll probably never be 'fit' because of my medical condition. My dude works out 3 days a week and runs a few days a week as well, but neither of us are fitness models by any means.

I've never been attracted to gym rats and I truly doubt that would change if I somehow became super fit looking (because as we all know, being fit and looking fit are oftentimes completely different things) because they all seem so narcissistic and douchebaggy. No thanks to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships