Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Asinine.

People don't "turn" gay.

Either you are or you aren't. That person probably always was, they just came out when the break up happened.
Exactly.

In my situation the guy for whom I was the last woman, just hadn't been able to acknowledge his sexuality before that point.

When he liked me so much but could just not get sexually interested he began to be more sure of his orientation. We became close friends and he said my patience and presence in his life gave him a safe place to be honest with himself.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:17 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,399 times
I don't really know LOL. Hard to say but so far I've only seen a couple of exes with their new boyfriends which is no big deal for me. Happy for them and move on.

A couple of my buddies have had their ex-girlfriends go complete 180, and I sometimes playfully tease them about it.

"You ruined that woman who now plays catcher with more catchers!"

Old 11-16-2013, 04:57 PM

39 posts, read 36,783 times
Had a few that kept me wondering, that's all I'll say about that issue. I'll also say, anyone who ever thought otherwise of me should be.......should be.......should be..........

(Not allowed)

Old 11-16-2013, 09:43 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
My first ex turned gay. We broke up mutually, and went our own ways. Later we met up again, and she wanted to get back together, I rejected her.

A couple of months later she turned gay, and wrote on her blog that I made her realize which gender she really likes. :P

Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Yes, but they were gay to begin with.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:28 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I did a lot of theatre in college, which is Ground Zero for sexually ambiguous types, so that was my main peer group, and there were a lot of crushes on guys who identified as bisexual, many of whom went on to identify as gay. I had one shortish relationship with a guy I knew to be bi my junior year, but who I also knew had previously engaged to a woman. After dating him, I more or less assumed he was probably not actually attracted to women, but due to a pretty repressive family life, would probably never openly live a gay lifestyle...pretty repressed and unhappy guy. I heard years later, he married a woman, though, so who knows?

Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM

I don't get people who are confused and pull someone perfectly straight, straighter than straight... into their delima and confusion with them. If you don't know or aren't sure, don't waste a guy who swings axe handles like toothpics time. He's never confused that he loves the PTA..........

I swear. some women get off messing up our heads sometimes....it must be a challenge to see who can drive him mental or bonkers first.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
My first ex turned gay. We broke up mutually, and went our own ways. Later we met up again, and she wanted to get back together, I rejected her.

A couple of months later she turned gay, and wrote on her blog that I made her realize which gender she really likes. :P
I suppose that lesbians can be a bit confused (at times) when they meet us guys that can do all their fantasies PLUS +1 more.........

It's ok, I don't hate........

I'm just NEVER confused who and what I am is all.......

Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_Part_Ouch View Post
I swear. some women get off messing up our heads sometimes....it must be a challenge to see who can drive him mental or bonkers first.

Yeah, I was married for 23 years to a man who came out gay 3 days after Christmas and then begged me to keep his secret. Right, so he can keep his cover but go do what he wants. I told him he was a coward and told my family and encouraged him strongly to tell his. Of course they didn't reject him. I strongly believe that he didn't choose this but I also would not have chosen to marry a man who I didn't think was all in. Now he's remarried to a nice man and they had to go to another state to get married.

My initial feelings were of relief that there was nothing I could have done so I didn't have to blame myself--of course there were things I could have done different but if it had been another woman I would have been wild. Later, I felt worse b/c I realized that I'd just spent half my life with someone who was incapable of loving me any more than you would a favorite roommate and not as much as his dog.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:38 PM

284 posts, read 641,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

Yeah, I was married for 23 years to a man who came out gay 3 days after Christmas and then begged me to keep his secret. Right, so he can keep his cover but go do what he wants. I told him he was a coward and told my family and encouraged him strongly to tell his. Of course they didn't reject him. I strongly believe that he didn't choose this but I also would not have chosen to marry a man who I didn't think was all in. Now he's remarried to a nice man and they had to go to another state to get married.

My initial feelings were of relief that there was nothing I could have done so I didn't have to blame myself--of course there were things I could have done different but if it had been another woman I would have been wild. Later, I felt worse b/c I realized that I'd just spent half my life with someone who was incapable of loving me any more than you would a favorite roommate and not as much as his dog.
wow thats really deep. do you still keep in contact with him? have you ever been around his new husband?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships