U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

2,522 posts, read 215,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I could do it. Then I'd have another pal to go out to dances with. I have two boys and they both dance. They'd have a younger version of me to dance with. Somehow I don't see my boys as being all that thrilled about this idea though!
What do you do when the mini-you grows up and starts wearing short skirts and sleeping with men? I would be horrified to watch myself grow into a little tart. I'd be yelling at myself all the time, telling me what to wear, etc...

I'd also be telling me what I should have majored in for college. I wouldn't want me making the same mistakes over again.

greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 PM

15,194 posts, read 24,567,415 times
I really don't have a problem with short skirts. But I know you have a problem with shorts from another thread. What's the deal? Do you have ugly legs or what??? BTW - YOU are the one who started this thread! Would you prefer I not respond? Are you implying I am a tart??? What's wrong with you???

Old 11-23-2007, 03:41 PM

12,902 posts, read 11,519,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
What if you could clone yourself, give birth to yourself (women), and then raise yourself again as a baby?

Imagine. You could basically repeat your childhood through another human being who had the exact same genetic material as yourself.

And for us single women, this could be the ideal situation. Now we can spend our Holidays with ourselves, giving ourselves the best Christmas ever.

What do you think?
LOL, what an idea.....well, if I did that, I'd make real sure I wouldn't repeat the bad stuff....hehehehe, talk about a new lease on life, or is that leaf?

Hugs....

Old 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM

820 posts, read 1,846,261 times
I just had a conversation with my daughter and her best friend the other day about genetic engineering. I shared how I thought it would be wrong (assuming it was actually possible) to pick your children. It's much too much of a blessing taking what God surprises you with.

HOWEVER........ it's intriguing to think about raising yourself! Would you turn out just the same... better... worse. Certainly could put some spins on nature vs nurture.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I really don't have a problem with short skirts. But I know you have a problem with shorts from another thread. What's the deal? Do you have ugly legs or what??? BTW - YOU are the one who started this thread! Would you prefer I not respond? Are you implying I am a tart??? What's wrong with you???
Um, not sure how I stumbled into that one, but I plead the fifth...

Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
I just had a conversation with my daughter and her best friend the other day about genetic engineering. I shared how I thought it would be wrong (assuming it was actually possible) to pick your children. It's much too much of a blessing taking what God surprises you with.

HOWEVER........ it's intriguing to think about raising yourself! Would you turn out just the same... better... worse. Certainly could put some spins on nature vs nurture.
I think I would turn out superb! I would have no problems with myself. I think it would be great to have a chance to do it all again the right way! ... I'm not sure how I'd react though, if, for instance, I caught myself smoking pot or going out drinking or making out with boys at a young age. I'd have to encourage myself to follow a better path, study hard, and excel on all levels... I'm like to see me get into a good college this time around.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM

16,239 posts, read 18,713,304 times
I've always wished I could raise myself because I know, better than anyone, how I could have successfully steered myself towards my full potential. Instead of being ordinary, I'd be totally awesome by now.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 PM

2,357 posts, read 6,253,240 times
What a crazy idea! If I didn't need to raise myself from childhood.... this cloning stuff might just work for me. Here's how. Instead of turning down women and hurting their feelings, I could clone myself so I could give my clone away to women who are attracted to me. That way we can both be happy. I can stay single, but women can still date my clone. I’ve always felt these women who pursue me deserve a prize or an award for trying so hard to get my attention. This way, I can give them my clone. Only need one clone. Since these women will soon find out I.... (and my clone) can't make them happy. Then they will dump my clone and I'll be able use him again and again.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
What a crazy idea! If I didn't need to raise myself from childhood.... this cloning stuff might just work for me. Here's how. Instead of turning down women and hurting their feelings, I could clone myself so I could give my clone away to women who are attracted to me. That way we can both be happy. I can stay single, but women can still date my clone. Iíve always felt these women who pursue me deserve a prize or an award for trying so hard to get my attention. This way, I can give them my clone. Only need one clone. Since these women will soon find out I.... (and my clone) can't make them happy. Then they will dump my clone and I'll be able use him again and again.

It's sounds like they might have to breast feed your clone for a number of years first.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM

2,357 posts, read 6,253,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
It's sounds like they might have to breast feed your clone for a number of years first.
You're right. That could pose a problem.

BTW, I was just kidding in my previous post. In my opinion cloning humans is not morally right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships