Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times

Advertisements

Doesn't matter what you say or do she's gonna see through it as she is the problem. She may not have a great body as you put it but unless she's missing her brain she's gonna see through your
I'm not good enough
It's me not you
Or any other excuse you make up
You're gonna hurt her feelings.

And yes you are pretty shallow. After a while even a woman with a great body starts sagging. The companionship, friendship love and caring goes beyond a pretty ass boobies or face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:39 PM

174 posts, read 244,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
You don't deserve her as you can't obviously give her good qualities enough weight in your own mind to surpass the negative. Shallow? Absolutely. Di*k move? Absolutely. And when it all said and done, hopefully you're not left kicking yourself for letting what seems like a great catch get away because you can't get over a physical flaw that is a result of having children. Why'd you even waste her time to begin with?

Call her, tell her that it wouldn't be fair to her for you two to continue dating as you are not capable of being the man she deserves in her life. Wish her well.
Are you a guy or girl (if you don't mind revealing)? Also, is it shallow for women to reject guys because they aren't tall enough for their tastes?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Break things off with her tonight. She deserves better than you.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post
Are you a guy or girl (if you don't mind revealing)? Also, is it shallow for women to reject guys because they aren't tall enough for their tastes?
Is this really a short guy thread masquerading as something else?

Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,361 times
Quote:
Also, is it shallow for women to reject guys because they aren't tall enough for their tastes?
Get ready for a shat storm if you bring that up

Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
She is 30, divorced with two kids. I am over 40, single, no kids.

We've only been on three dates but we both became very smitten pretty fast. After the second date she was texting me/contacting me every day.

On the third date there was alchohol involved and SHE asked to come over to my place. I initally said that was not a good idea. But she kept pushing me so I took her to my place. Sex was NOT in my plans as I didn't even have any condoms at home.

She proceeded to kiss me and pretty soon our clothes came off. Suffice it to say we did NOT have sex but she pretty clearly wanted to.

So why do I want to break it off with this otherwise sweet girl? I know this sounds (or is) shallow but I could not get into her once I saw her with her clothes off. Not to brag but I stay in very good shape and I like a hard (or harder) body. I can see that having kids will really take a toll on a woman's body.

Don't get me wrong, this gal looks great in a tight skirt and she is cute as a button. But even she said she'd like to get a tummy tuck if she could afford one.

The tragic part is shortly after our "sleeping" together episode without having sex she said, "I am afraid to get hurt again and after that night when we were naked togethter I thought I am not beautiful. He is going to change his mind about me."

I feel really bad. Of course, we've all been rejected so I've been there too. I just want to do it in a way that is nice and respectful. But also not too obvious.

Thanks for any input.....the fourth date is supposed to be this weekend.
Yeah, you're kind of shallow.

Not because you desire women with super-fit bodies (most all men do), but because you put your desire for a super-fit body above all other considerations. You profess great admiration for this woman. You say how sweet and wonderful she is. You even say even tell she looks great in a skirt and is "as cute as a button." But, apparently, that's good enough for you. What matters to you most is getting a woman with a super-fit body. That's the one thing you won't compromise on.

Don't try to let her down easy. When people say, "I want to let her down easy," what they really mean is, "I don't want to deal with her grief." Be a man. Accept that you are going to devastate this woman no matter how hard you try not to. Do it quickly, honestly and then get out of her life. If she has all the wonderful qualities you say she has, she will forget you and find someone who will accept her as is soon enough.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
And yes you are pretty shallow. After a while even a woman with a great body starts sagging. The companionship, friendship love and caring goes beyond a pretty ass boobies or face.

Are you really indicating 3-4 dates in a guy (or girl) should keep dating someone they aren't physically attracted to?

Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
What matters to you most is getting a woman with a super-fit body. That's the one thing you won't compromise on.

It seems he wants both. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. THere is nothing to indicate that for a fit body he is willing to put up with a jerk. He wants both. Most of us do.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Are you really indicating 3-4 dates in a guy (or girl) should keep dating someone they aren't physically attracted to?

Seriously?

It seems he wants both. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. THere is nothing to indicate that for a fit body he is willing to put up with a jerk. He wants both. Most of us do.
Read RogersParkGuy's post. He explained it well.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Why would there be a 4th date ?

Be a man. Yes, you're being a shallow wimp.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:50 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Quote:

I'm a gal.

And yes, women that dump a guy over height also have a level of shallow - but, we would need to know the full details such as does the short guy have a terrible personality because he's so insecure about his height?

Now, please stop hijacking threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships