Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM

12 posts, read 13,423 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look into one of those courses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djej436 View Post
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look into one of those courses
I think you will enjoy it a lot . Maybe you will even meet a girl there -- one who is very understanding .

Old 11-22-2013, 11:53 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thst pretty much says it.

Jeeez. How do people wind up bring such chicken-****s?
Because they conflate hurt with harm, and they think that a good person never, ever, under any circumstances hurts other people. It's complete BS, and a very immature understanding of people and hurt, but here we are.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Be a man and hurt her with the truth, instead of comforting her with a lie.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
So i have been seeing this one girl now on and off for about 2 months. She's nice and i enjoyed spending time with her at first, however once i got to know her honestly i started liking her less and less. I feel like the biggest ******* in the world for not telling her as soon as i started feeling this way and leading her on instead. So one night we were supposed to get dinner together and i decided that i couldn't take it anymore, lying to myself and her that is. I decided to take the easy way out, which was a bad decision, i blocked her phone number and ignored her for about 4 days. She finally got in contact with my roommate through Facebook and he passed on the message, it was at that point that i felt so guilty that i knew i had to say something. So, i said something along the lines of...i'm not in a good state of mind right now, i just have too much going on to think about a relationship, I'm sorry for ignoring you honestly i just did not know what to say, i know that it was wrong..she replied very angrily which was expected, but then she asked to see me. After a long back and forth text battle, i decided that she deserved to at least see me if thats what she wanted after me ignoring her. We proceeded to get dinner and then went back to my apartment and I'm sure that you can figure the rest out...we continued seeing each other for about 2 weeks, until last night....we were supposed to meet up again! and i decided to do the same thing again...ignore her....why did i do this?? Im not a mean person, i don't like to be mean, i have so much stress in my life as it is, i didn't know what to even say. What do i say to her?? I am sure that i can't continue to see her anymore, as I'm sure that she will not want to, however i feel that she at least deserves an explanation, but i can't provide one because i don't know my reasoning? Is it because i don't think she's that attractive? or what is it i just don't know what to say to her to make myself feel less guilty and end this thing right.

Thanks for the help
Doing a disappearing act is one of the most cowardly and despicable things you can do to someone. Frankly, I think people who do that are just trash.

You are immature as hell. You are also being selfish and manipulative. Let's call this out for what it is: you are not into her, but you are keeping her around for now because she willing sex partner. That's all this really is. All you talk about guilt is just a smokescreen.

Stop traumatizing this poor woman with your boy-man BS. Break it off with her and leave her alone. Then, work on becoming a decent human being before inflicting yourself on your next victim.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:59 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Be a man and hurt her with the truth, instead of comforting her with a lie.
That's what they are calling it now..huh??

He comforted her alright..

I would have never met up with her. Having sex too!!! Wow!!

She must of dropped the knife just out of reach when they were doing it.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Is thus upsetting you so much because you thought you were a "nice guy" ?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:21 PM

12 posts, read 13,423 times
yeah i am a nice guy, I'm just under a lot of pressure right now. my mom has cancer millions of things are going on in my life, and i just can't take on anymore, i know dissapearing was the most improper way to do this. I don't know why i took the path that i did.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
yeah i am a nice guy, I'm just under a lot of pressure right now. my mom has cancer millions of things are going on in my life, and i just can't take on anymore, i know dissapearing was the most improper way to do this. I don't know why i took the path that i did.
Then tell her that.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:08 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Face facts. You don't like her anymore. Don't beat yourself up for it. That's what dating is all about. You try them out. Lots of "relationships" don't work out. Just call her and tell her you're busy with other stuff and you just prefer to end it. If she wants an explanation, just tell her you don't feel like it. And if that's not enough, then too bad for her. Nice guys break up too. You're a man. You get to pick who you date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships