Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 04:17 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
This. Its annoying and to the point I have a sewing machine and have taken some shirts in so I can buy a larger size that fits my arms and shoulders and then I can take it in at the waist. Otherwise if I buy a shirt that fits up top it will often hang below my inseam and like you said, a tent.
I know what you mean ... some brands of shirt are way too tight around my lats/arms, and I tend to wear the pits out really quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 05:56 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I know what you mean ... some brands of shirt are way too tight around my lats/arms, and I tend to wear the pits out really quickly.
Jeans can be bad as well with the quads. I used to love shopping for clothes. Now I just dread it and end up annoyed most the time. Probably saves me money at least lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
People steal pics and post them elsewhere claiming false information. Not too long ago I found some of our regular users' mug shots on another website. No thanks! Mine is in my profile but I at least have to be somewhat familiar with a person before I'll friend them.

I don't really worry too much about folks stealing my photos (however I do keep photos of my children to a minimum), but I do get disappointed when I find out posters that "seemed normal" were swiping others' photos from various websites.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:49 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Only a face shot this time.
Love it. Great shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't really worry too much about folks stealing my photos (however I do keep photos of my children to a minimum), but I do get disappointed when I find out posters that "seemed normal" were swiping others' photos from various websites.
I hope people aren't managing to do this with sites that supposedly allow us to be private like fb.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,111 times
another "lets see if you look better than me" thread, cool

pic is in my profile

Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Love it. Great shot!

I hope people aren't managing to do this with sites that supposedly allow us to be private like fb.
Actually, you might want to be careful about that. A few years ago, someone found out that her photos were still viewable in Google even though her profile was private. It might have been a glitch, but it still happened. And apparently whoever was gawking at her was fixated because when you type just her screen name into Google, "[her screen name] + city data" is the third option on the auto fill menu. Creepy!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:31 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Actually, you might want to be careful about that. A few years ago, someone found out that her photos were still viewable in Google even though her profile was private. It might have been a glitch, but it still happened. And apparently whoever was gawking at her was fixated because when you type just her screen name into Google, "[her screen name] + city data" is the third option on the auto fill menu. Creepy!

I think that I might start a thread asking people to put their first, last, and middle initial as well as social security number down. You can trust me! I'll make sure everyone's information gets looked at/ err I mean looked after. In this day and age, where you can take anyone's picture and "cut and paste" it to anything. No thank you! Having said that though. I do think it can hurt to not have a pic up. For instance, I feel like I know the people who do have pics up more since I can see who's saying what. But again, for myself I personally love my anonymity. I prefer this site for that reason. I don't do facebook. Never have. Don't like or understand the concept of it. Same goes for Twitter. I don't think knowing somebody ate a sandwich two minutes ago is any way to enhance my life. But that's just me. If I was looking for a date-I'd join a dating site. Actually that is something that I have never done. I prefer the old school way of "meeting someone and talking to them". Who wants that kind of attention, negative or positive? I don't need a pic up to prove who or what I am.

For those who have no problem showing their pics. Kudos to you! Perhaps someday I'll put a pic up for just my friends. Then again, I probably still wouldn't. Actually if you are going to do a pic. I think Houston Dan has the right idea. Show the body, not the face. That way, you can still have some anonymity, as well as others can see how you carry yourself. I salute you Houston-Dan.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 11-24-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 11-24-2013, 10:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,696 times
If your truly worried about privacy, don't be on the Internet. Hell, don't be on the grid period.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
If your truly worried about privacy, don't be on the Internet. Hell, don't be on the grid period.

Why does someone have to post a pic to be on the internet? Is that some requirement that I didn't get? I'm not looking for a date/ validation or anything else. I know what I look like. What difference does having a pic up make?

You wont see me wearing some dorky Batman costume either. Sorry, I stopped playing with toys in and around the fifth grade!

Last edited by supermanpansy; 11-24-2013 at 10:45 AM..

Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,696 times
I ain't the farking batman son...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships