U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2013, 01:45 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
87,919 posts, read 81,768,483 times
Reputation: 91855

Advertisements

Who said you were sexist, just for wanting to remain single? Where do you get this stuff?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
25,054 posts, read 27,030,985 times
Reputation: 57577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said you were sexist, just for wanting to remain single? Where do you get this stuff?
Right, he was called sexist for maintaining that all women are cruel and unfeeling and biologically driven to ruin men's lives and bleed them dry. Wanting to remain single seems like a fantastic idea for him.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
38,944 posts, read 24,555,883 times
Reputation: 55480
If you don't want to get married that's fine. If you justify your reason as women's fault then you are going to some feedback.

Listen, I never wanted to get married, it wasn't because I had any problem with men, it just wasn't for me.

Obviously since my early 30s I changed my mind.....
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Between West Chester and Chester, PA
2,808 posts, read 2,660,603 times
Reputation: 4885
I am constantly called immature because I don't ever want to marry and/or have children. Some of my coworkers are especially bad at this because I think, deep down, they're jealous they didn't have the patience like I have, and they're living miserable home lives. I know this because I always hear them complaining about their wife, their kid(s) doing stupid crap at home and at school, and how they don't ever have any money for themselves for some solo time with their friends.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Chicago
3,391 posts, read 4,005,974 times
Reputation: 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I have been accused as one just because i mentioned some interesting statistics about marriage and child custody laws and suicide rates of divorced men and women and many more things with sources Being raised in a family where i have never witnessed a single happy marriage and exposed to bitter fights between my aunt and uncle, how can one expect to be positive about love and romance ?My friends often wonder why i remain so distant from girls in college but there are some things which you cannot share it with anyone. Not even in the internet anonymously. I am a class topper and want to devote my life helping poor people. I feel like this is only thing which would make me happy. Sidenote: I would prefer less angry responses as i am fed up of justifying my character to some people.��Cheers��
There is nothing inherently sexist about wanting to stay a bachelor. I suspect, based on what you said above, that you may have expressed your desire to remain a bachelor in a way that vilified women, or seemed to. I can't know for sure, but that would be my guess.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,762 posts, read 47,361,724 times
Reputation: 25255
If you want to stay single, do it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 PM
 
428 posts, read 398,794 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you don't want to get married that's fine. If you justify your reason as women's fault then you are going to some feedback.

Listen, I never wanted to get married, it wasn't because I had any problem with men, it just wasn't for me.

Obviously since my early 30s I changed my mind.....
Even today, when men are second class citizens there are still guys willing to champion women's rights (and privileges). Do you think if women were in charge they would be putting men on a pedestal and taking care of their "loved" ones?. Men love women more; both physically and emotionally: Women don't tend to date poor guys. They tend to "want" men not because they love them but because they like to be loved by them. The "key" to female arousal lies in them being the centre of attention and feeling sexy rather than feeling anything for their partners. (they are self-centred and selfish). Guys tend to suicide more and also tend to have a harder time after a break up. Women are the ones asking for divorce more often (>70%). Besides.. Men have dedicated a lot of art to women, but what about the opposite?: When women paint, they tend to paint other women. When women write about love, they focus on the woman being the centre of attention and “love” becomes a synonym for “gynocentric egocentrism”.When women sing about relationships, they rarely focus on the guy; it is always about them unless they are looking for someone to blame.I have seen and witnessed this from my bare eyes and i have every right to say these things here. This does not however make me a misogynist.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 11:43 PM
 
428 posts, read 398,794 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, he was called sexist for maintaining that all women are cruel and unfeeling and biologically driven to ruin men's lives and bleed them dry. Wanting to remain single seems like a fantastic idea for him.
Biology is biology and nothing can be done about it.It does not mean i hate my mom or any female for it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-23-2013, 11:50 PM
 
35,104 posts, read 44,356,231 times
Reputation: 62297
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Well in real life. " They accuse of me being gay" which i don't like either. I have been less busy these days as our semester exams are over so i decided to devote some time here.
and we are the lucky ones to share this time with you.......

If you are gay so be it you are gay if you are not then you are not, no one else cares, same with being and staying single, no big deal to anyone but you.

Others keep saying things about it to get a reaction from you and apparantly they get a reaction so they continue on with the same topic the solution is to change the subject and quit reacting.

By the way, many people before you, in the present and those who will come after you have witnessed or will witness the same thing in their friends and families regarding "some" marriages yet they manage to get married, remain married and enjoy sharing their lives with the one they love.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
38,944 posts, read 24,555,883 times
Reputation: 55480
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Even today, when men are second class citizens there are still guys willing to champion women's rights (and privileges). Do you think if women were in charge they would be putting men on a pedestal and taking care of their "loved" ones?. Men love women more; both physically and emotionally: Women don't tend to date poor guys. They tend to "want" men not because they love them but because they like to be loved by them. The "key" to female arousal lies in them being the centre of attention and feeling sexy rather than feeling anything for their partners. (they are self-centred and selfish). Guys tend to suicide more and also tend to have a harder time after a break up. Women are the ones asking for divorce more often (>70%). Besides.. Men have dedicated a lot of art to women, but what about the opposite?: When women paint, they tend to paint other women. When women write about love, they focus on the woman being the centre of attention and “love” becomes a synonym for “gynocentric egocentrism”.When women sing about relationships, they rarely focus on the guy; it is always about them unless they are looking for someone to blame.I have seen and witnessed this from my bare eyes and i have every right to say these things here. This does not however make me a misogynist.

You are SUCH a delicate flower. /sigh
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top