U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2013, 01:38 AM
 
428 posts, read 399,680 times
Reputation: 105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You are SUCH a delicate flower. /sigh
Huh. I don't think so. This is my MINDSET ( which is what I have seen while growing up and still do ) to fight against my feelings and attraction towards women. I hope once the hormones settle down I would not get the urge to fall in love with any women. I just want to remain single. If these views about women is what it takes to be one one then so be it. But the bottomline is " I don't hate you or anyone". I may dislike particular person but it has nothing to do with gender.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-24-2013, 01:39 AM
 
428 posts, read 399,680 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
and we are the lucky ones to share this time with you.......

If you are gay so be it you are gay if you are not then you are not, no one else cares, same with being and staying single, no big deal to anyone but you.

Others keep saying things about it to get a reaction from you and apparantly they get a reaction so they continue on with the same topic the solution is to change the subject and quit reacting.

By the way, many people before you, in the present and those who will come after you have witnessed or will witness the same thing in their friends and families regarding "some" marriages yet they manage to get married, remain married and enjoy sharing their lives with the one they love.
I just laugh when they say it. LolThanks for the answer
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 AM
 
4,338 posts, read 6,956,419 times
Reputation: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It is taboo to not want to get married in American society. The majority do and if you don't then your perceived as a George Clooney wannabe.
Lol. Try the Asian culture.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 02:37 AM
 
Location: The Mitten
835 posts, read 1,201,734 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No-one gives a rats ass if you want to stay single forever. What we don't like is your slew of posts blaming women for all the world's ills. So far, from your posting history, you are portraying yourself as a misogynist. If you don't like that label then stop hating on women.
Every post, it seems, is misogynist if the word "Women" gets thrown in it. And I know a few posters on CD forums who would trade in their two legs to get people banned or reported just for saying "women".

I don't think there's anything wrong with what the OP is saying. I'm in the same boat. I steer clear of women now-a-days. It just makes things easier in the long run. I do talk to some women at work, but that's entirely different. It's work, not a meet-up or a date center (date center?).
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 06:04 AM
 
428 posts, read 399,680 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Every post, it seems, is misogynist if the word "Women" gets thrown in it. And I know a few posters on CD forums who would trade in their two legs to get people banned or reported just for saying "women".

I don't think there's anything wrong with what the OP is saying. I'm in the same boat. I steer clear of women now-a-days. It just makes things easier in the long run. I do talk to some women at work, but that's entirely different. It's work, not a meet-up or a date center (date center?).
I suspect the same thing. Just because my views are different, just because I am not politically correct does not mean I hate someone.I would never apologize for having these views.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 07:22 AM
 
3,963 posts, read 4,961,507 times
Reputation: 3670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Lol. Try the Asian culture.
I bet they will kill you for bringing dishonor. There is dishonor in not being a sheep.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 08:02 AM
 
28,900 posts, read 49,270,074 times
Reputation: 46331
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I have been accused as one just because i mentioned some interesting statistics about marriage and child custody laws and suicide rates of divorced men and women and many more things with sources Being raised in a family where i have never witnessed a single happy marriage and exposed to bitter fights between my aunt and uncle, how can one expect to be positive about love and romance ?My friends often wonder why i remain so distant from girls in college but there are some things which you cannot share it with anyone. Not even in the internet anonymously. I am a class topper and want to devote my life helping poor people. I feel like this is only thing which would make me happy. Sidenote: I would prefer less angry responses as i am fed up of justifying my character to some people.��Cheers��
Well, if you want to be a bachelor all your life, that's cool.

If you want to justify being a bachelor because you claim women are gold diggers, then you're being sexist.

If you want to justify being a bachelor because of divorce rates and custody laws, then you're just being stupid.

If you want to use both arguments, then you're being sexist, stupid and using confirmation biases to prove your point.

First off, the 50% divorce rate is a mathematical fiction. The number topped out in the high 40s in the last 1970s and has dropped since then.

But, let's take that number as an argument. Because the obverse means that 50% of all marriages stand the test of time. If you had a 50% shot that you could have a lifelong companion in life, wouldn't you take that shot? What's more, if you really read the breakdown on the divorce statistics, the divorce rate for people who wait to marry until their late 20s or early 30s is very low. In short, people who actually go into marriage with a wise choice for a spouse do just fine. They know bliss.

I love my wife. I love being with her. She is my best friend. She totally understands me. I trust her and she trusts me. And my one selfish hope is that I die before her because I couldn't imagine not having her in my life.

Yet guys like you who blather on about statistics and bizarre gender politics theories will never have that in your life. That makes me kind of sad. You're essentially foregoing what is really the most amazing experience in your life because you're a scaredy cat.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
10,196 posts, read 9,031,569 times
Reputation: 18171
I assume your still college age. I wouldn't make life long decisions yet. You might change your mind. I wouldn't tell anyone that you plan on being a life long bachelor. Any time you say something outside societal norms, people will jump on you. Keep it to yourself, that way, if later you do change your mind, you don't look foolish. EG: My son lamented at 25 that he probably would end up single and not meet anyone. Now five years later, he's got a new better job, wife, two kids, and a mortgage, and a honey do list on his house a mile long. Life is full of surprises. Don't chart your course without planning for some detours along the way.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
1,091 posts, read 1,288,160 times
Reputation: 1774
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Even today, when men are second class citizens there are still guys willing to champion women's rights (and privileges). Do you think if women were in charge they would be putting men on a pedestal and taking care of their "loved" ones?. Men love women more; both physically and emotionally: Women don't tend to date poor guys. They tend to "want" men not because they love them but because they like to be loved by them. The "key" to female arousal lies in them being the centre of attention and feeling sexy rather than feeling anything for their partners. (they are self-centred and selfish). Guys tend to suicide more and also tend to have a harder time after a break up. Women are the ones asking for divorce more often (>70%). Besides.. Men have dedicated a lot of art to women, but what about the opposite?: When women paint, they tend to paint other women. When women write about love, they focus on the woman being the centre of attention and “love” becomes a synonym for “gynocentric egocentrism”.When women sing about relationships, they rarely focus on the guy; it is always about them unless they are looking for someone to blame.I have seen and witnessed this from my bare eyes and i have every right to say these things here. This does not however make me a misogynist.
Careful, you're hijacking your own thread.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2013, 08:56 AM
 
428 posts, read 399,680 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, if you want to be a bachelor all your life, that's cool.

If you want to justify being a bachelor because you claim women are gold diggers, then you're being sexist.

If you want to justify being a bachelor because of divorce rates and custody laws, then you're just being stupid.

If you want to use both arguments, then you're being sexist, stupid and using confirmation biases to prove your point.

First off, the 50% divorce rate is a mathematical fiction. The number topped out in the high 40s in the last 1970s and has dropped since then.

But, let's take that number as an argument. Because the obverse means that 50% of all marriages stand the test of time. If you had a 50% shot that you could have a lifelong companion in life, wouldn't you take that shot? What's more, if you really read the breakdown on the divorce statistics, the divorce rate for people who wait to marry until their late 20s or early 30s is very low. In short, people who actually go into marriage with a wise choice for a spouse do just fine. They know bliss.

I love my wife. I love being with her. She is my best friend. She totally understands me. I trust her and she trusts me. And my one selfish hope is that I die before her because I couldn't imagine not having her in my life.

Yet guys like you who blather on about statistics and bizarre gender politics theories will never have that in your life. That makes me kind of sad. You're essentially foregoing what is really the most amazing experience in your life because you're a scaredy cat.
And divorce + being used like a sperm donor and atm would be the worst experience in men's life. Thank you very much. But my life is ok. I don't want to experience so called most amazing experience because it could turn your worst nightmare in no time.Good luck to you. I am sticking with my views.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top